To commemorate its 40 years, CGC-branded stainless steel straws were given out to attendees. They were a hit, says CGC executive coordinator Carol Pupo. A performance by Niagara-based ‘Momentum Choir’ also hit home, Pupo adds, showing how the power of music can transcend barriers. The musical group is made up entirely of musicians living with disabilities and now in its 12th year of operation.
Also new for 2019 was ‘Last Call,’ a second happy hour and one final chance to mingle with exhibitors and attendees before bidding adieu.
Education is always a central aspect to the conference. Led by Shalin Khosla and Dr. Chevonne Carlow of OMAFRA, the pre-conference tour to Leamington featured visits to the AAFC Harrow Research and Development Centre, Mucci Farms’ cucumber facility, Colasanti Tropical Gardens and Sawatzky’s greenhouse pepper operation. (Tour coverage to come.)
Throughout the conference, sessions featured speakers from around the globe, presenting on topics of root zone management, lighting, post-harvest handling, next generation growing, organic production, biocontrol, automation and more. Judging by the number of attendees who outnumbered seats, the speaker sessions were well-received.
“I came away feeling it was a success,” says Pupo.
Best booth award winners:
- AMA Hort – Best Booth Technology 300+ sq. ft.
- DecoWraps – Best Booth Technology 100-300 sq. ft.
- Beekenkamp – Best Booth Plant Material 100-300 sq. ft.
- Colonial Florists – Best Booth Plant Material 300+ sq. ft.
- Hilverdaflorist – Best Booth Plant Material Under 100 sq. ft.
- GrowLiv – Best Booth Technology Under 100 sq. ft.
Print this page