What’s in store at the Green Industry Show
The 2018 Green Industry Show & Conference (GISC) is just a few days away.
Returning to the Edmonton Expo Centre on November 15 and 16, 2018, the GISC is Alberta’s largest trade show and conference for professionals in landscape, horticulture, and nursery trades, with an annual average of 2,300 visitors.
Over 22 conference sessions will run Nov 15th to 16th. Speaker session highlights include:
- What the Consumer Sees: Eye-Tracking in Garden Centres – Bridget Behe
- From Surviving to Thriving: How to Build Revenue from Women Shoppers and the Next Generation of Growers – Susan Martin
- The New Greenhouse Biosecurity Standard and Guidelines Explained – Ken Fry
- Managing Shrink for Greater Profit – Will Healy
- You and the Mass Merchants – Michiel Verheul
New to 2018 are two Just in Time sessions, where Landscape Alberta members and past attendees suggested topics they wanted to see:
- Cannabis in the Workplace: Ensuring Safety Does Not Go Up In Smoke – Cristina Wendel. An employment and labour lawyer at Dentons, Wendel will help navigate marijuana legalization in Alberta, covering a variety of topics ranging from employer/ employee rights, to suggested marijuana control measures in the workplace
- Embrace Your Inner Geek – Grant Harrison. As a landscaper, Harrison has embraced the technologies available to landscape contractors because he’s seen the difference they can make. He will introduce programs and apps that are specific to owners, production staff, training, and customer care (programs like Grammarly, Evernote and Greenius, Slack, Hootsuite and iLawn).
Four pre-show workshops will be held on Nov 14th, which include the Certified Irrigation Technician Preparation Workshop, Alberta Greenhouse Grower Association’s Day of Discovery, Building Your One Page Strategic Plan for 2019, and the Assessing and Modifying Urban Soils workshop.
Attendees can expect over 200 booths featuring the latest products and technologies from exhibitors across North America. Landscape Alberta members who pre-register receive free admission into the trade show and preferred pricing on conference registration.
Haven’t registered? You can still do it onsite. For more information, visit the GISC website.