November 8, 2021 By Greenhouse Canada, Fruit & Vegetable magazines
What can the horticulture industry do to attract and retain quality workers? We set out to answer this question in a video roundtable discussion, hosted by Greenhouse Canada magazine and Fruit & Vegetable magazine.
In part 1 of 4 in this Growing Horticulture Roundtable series, learn about our speakers and their perspectives as growers, educators and industry partners on this topic.
Meet our panelists:
- Stephanie Slaman of John Slaman Greenhouses, Ont.
- Dusty Zamecnik of EZ Grow Farms, Ont.
- Kim Wickwire of Olds College, Alta.
- Laura Bryce of Kwantlen Polytechnic University, B.C.
- Niki Bennett of Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers, Ont.
- Tania Humphrey of Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, Ont.
Don’t miss part 2 of the roundtable discussion. Watch the next video in this series to learn about the challenges faced by panellists in hiring, training and retaining talent in the sector.
Thank you to our sponsor A.M.A. Horticulture for making this roundtable possible.
Print this page