Overall, the report recommends that FIT-based prices for solar be dropped by more than 20 per cent on average, while pricing for wind-generated power should be reduced by 15 per cent. This reduction would range from 9.6 per cent for solar rooftop projects above 500 kW to reductions in the 31 per cent range for solar projects of all kind (rooftop or ground mount) 10 kW and less. Prices will now range from 34.7 c/kWh to 54.9 c/kWh.
For wind power, the board recommends reductions of 14.8 per cent across the board, to 11.5 c/kWh.
The report recommends leaving all pricing for biomass, hydro, biogas and landfill gas as is:
- Biomass at or below 10 MW: 13.8 c/kWh
- Biomass above 10 MW: 13 c/kWh
- Biogas on farm, at or below 100 kW: 19.5 c/kWh
- Biogas on farm, above 100 kW: 18.5 c/kWh
- Biogas at or below 500 kW: 16 c/kWh
- Biogas above 500 up to 10 MW: 14.7 c/kWh
- Biogas above 10 MW: 10.4 c/kWh
- Landfill gas at or below 10 MW: 11.1 c/kWh
- Landfill gas above 10 MW: 10.3 c/kWh
The complete report with all recommendations and pricing tables can be found here.