Your chance for a sneak peek with GreenTech Live & Online
September 9, 2021 By Greentech
GreenTech Live & Online has announced their program, to be held live in Amsterdam and online from Sept. 28 to 30.
The common theme of the programme will be Happy Food Healthy Flowers with more than 50 educational sessions at two stages: the Xpert Theatre and the Vision Stage including the AIPH Congress (Sept. 30) and the Floriade Webinar (Oct. 1).
The RAI as organizer states that it “is committed to deliver a successful and hospitable event with the acknowledgement that health and safety is of upmost importance. All the measures taken by the Dutch government are being followed.”
The educational programme will be live on the show floor and broadcasted via the virtual platform.
On the Xpert Theatre will be topics about cultivation and crop optimization, especially for growers and crop managers.
The Vision Stage will be all about strategy, visionary thinking, cooperation and business models. This stage is especially interesting for CEO’s, investors and business development managers.
- Tuesday 28 September 10.00 – 11.00 hrs (Vision Stage): Opening & announcement winners Innovation Awards 2021 with the speakers Edith Schippers (DSM Nederland), Jaap Bond (Topsector Horticulture and Starting Materials), Mariska Dreschler (Director Horticulture), Liselotte de Vries (TU Delft, Chairmen of the Innovation Awards Jury).
- Tuesday 28 September 11.00 – 12.00 hrs (Vision Stage): Solving global challenges of sustainable food production together with speakers Annette Wijering (Netherlands Enterprise Agency), Jonathan Webb (AppHarvest), Sky Kurtz (Pure Harvest Smart Farms), Dirk Aleven (FoodVentures).
- Tuesday 28 September 12.45 – 13.15 hrs (Vision Stage): Is it possible to ensure water, energy and food security worldwide if we continue with our current ways and systems? Speakers Annemieke Nijhof (Deltares and former captain of the Topsector Water), Manon Janssen (Ecorys and captain of the Topsector Energy), Meiny Prins (Priva and Founder of Sustainable Urban Delta) and Jonathan Webb (AppHarvest) will discuss this question.
- Tuesday 28 September 15.00 – 15.30 hrs (Vision Stage): Renewable energy transition with CEA with speakers Damion Schwarzkachel (Certhon), Georg Czerny (BayWa), Nico Domurath (Fraunhofer Institute).
- Wednesday 29 September 14.15 – 14.45 hrs (Vision Stage): Co-creation leads to bigger steps in the field of automation and digitalization. You go faster alone, you get further together. This expression certainly applies to the horticultural sector. Adi Nir (MetoMotion) and David Hunter (Optimal Labs) share their visions.
- Wednesday 29 September 15.45 – 16.15 hrs (Vision Stage): De-risking investment in Vertical Farming. What does it take to lower the risk and what hurdles need to be addressed and solved? John Meijer (Bom Group), Lambert van Horen (Rabobank) and Pascal van Oers (VEK) will explain.
- Thursday 30 September 10.00 – 16.00 hrs (Virtual platform only): Online Congress of AIPH (The International Association of Horticulture Producers), FSI (The Floriculture Sustainability Initiative), FCI (Flora Culture International) and GreenTech about ‘The path to sustainability in ornamental horticulture’. Speakers, from around the world, will evaluate what this industry is doing to become more sustainable. Following with keynote Dr. David Bek of Coventry University (UK). Register via https://aiph.org/event/sustainability-conference-2021/.
- Friday 1 October 10.00 – 11.30 hrs (Virtual platform only): Webinar Floriade Dialogue #18: ‘Ecological Horti Footprint: Horti Footprint & Residual Flows’. The Floriade Dialogue edition is about the environmental impacts of horticultural production and maximizing crop yield with minimal environmental impact and net zero discharge and waste. Register via https://www.greentech.nl/live-and-online/.
A list of exhibitors can be found here https://www.greentech.nl/live-and-online/exhibitors/.
Visitors can register free of charge on www.greentech.nl/live-and-online/ up until Sept 21. After this date, online visitors pay the registration fee of €19.99 (euros) including VAT per person.
GreenTech Amsterdam will return in its full physical format next year, from June 14-16, 2022.
Print this page