Nov. 20, 2023 – Ontario’s new Crop Protection Hub is designed to combines pesticide data from a variety of sources into one location.
The types of data included in the Crop Protection Hub are:
- Allowable pesticides by crop type (e.g., cut flowers, potted crops, unrooted cuttings)
- Rates, REIs, and maximum allowable sprays per crop
- Compatibility information with beneficial organisms
- Efficacy ratings of pest management products for specific greenhouse pests
- Recommendations for the best use of products for each pest
- Link to the most current pesticide label
The Ontario Crop Protection Hub is accessible through any electronic device and allows users to customize and find information based on your specific business needs.
For Greenhouse Floriculture crops, the Ontario Crop Protection Hub shows fungicides and insecticides that were in Publication 370 (Guide to Greenhouse Floriculture Production) but are now up-to-date with new registrations, de-registrations, and changes to use patterns.
To ensure the application meets the needs of the agri-food sector, OMAFRA will be conducting user testing along the way and engaging producers and stakeholders for feedback.
The feedback form is available here.
Other crop modules that are relevant to the greenhouse/nursery industries will include Greenhouse Vegetables, and Nursery and outdoor ornamentals launching in 2024.
Print this page