Ontario producers gear up for CAP funding
March 4, 2019 By Greenhouse Canada
From March 22 to May 6, 2019, farmers, processors and agri-food businesses can apply for project funding support under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
As Dr. Sarah Jandricic notes in her post on ONfloriculture , examples of eligible projects include:
• Innovative improvements to the greenhouse that promote biosecurity and limit the spread of insect pests from imported plant material
• Education, planning and training projects that improve plant health
• Preventing field pests from accessing your crop (e.g. screening)
• Upgrades to sanitation and work-flow that prevent spread of pathogens
• and other projects, as long as they promote plant health and safety
According to the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA), eligible participants must:
• Be a legal farm business that produces agricultural commodities in Ontario
• Have a farm business registration number or eligible exemption for the farm business
• A valid premises identification number
• Satisfy additional requirements or participation in workshops for specific focus areas or activities
More information will be available on the OSCIA website by March 5, 2019. Applicants who are unable to apply online can request an electronic and/or hardcopy of the program and application information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-877-424-1300.
First launched in 2018, this five-year federal-provincial-territorial cost-share program aims to promote innovation, economic development, environmental stewardship and food safety in the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector.
Print this page