Ontario producers gear up for CAP funding
From March 22 to May 6, 2019, farmers, processors and agri-food businesses can apply for project funding support under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
As Dr. Sarah Jandricic notes in her post on ONfloriculture , examples of eligible projects include:
• Innovative improvements to the greenhouse that promote biosecurity and limit the spread of insect pests from imported plant material
• Education, planning and training projects that improve plant health
• Preventing field pests from accessing your crop (e.g. screening)
• Upgrades to sanitation and work-flow that prevent spread of pathogens
• and other projects, as long as they promote plant health and safety
According to the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA), eligible participants must:
• Be a legal farm business that produces agricultural commodities in Ontario
• Have a farm business registration number or eligible exemption for the farm business
• A valid premises identification number
• Satisfy additional requirements or participation in workshops for specific focus areas or activities
First launched in 2018, this five-year federal-provincial-territorial cost-share program aims to promote innovation, economic development, environmental stewardship and food safety in the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Deloitte acquires Cannabis ComplianceDeloitte has acquired Mississauga-based Cannabis Compliance Inc. (CCI).
Dehumidification technology reduces greenhouse energy consumptionHeat loss is a significant problem for greenhouse growers during…
Cost-share funding intake announced for OntarioThe next intake for the Canadian Agricultural Partnership cost-share funding…
CCFI welcomes five new board membersThe Canadian Centre for Food Integrity (CCFI) has appointed five…
Landscape Ontario CongressTue Jan 07, 2020
Tropical Plant International ExpoWed Jan 22, 2020
Guelph Organic ConferenceThu Jan 23, 2020
IPM EssenTue Jan 28, 2020