Ontario producers gear up for CAP funding
From March 22 to May 6, 2019, farmers, processors and agri-food businesses can apply for project funding support under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
As Dr. Sarah Jandricic notes in her post on ONfloriculture , examples of eligible projects include:
• Innovative improvements to the greenhouse that promote biosecurity and limit the spread of insect pests from imported plant material
• Education, planning and training projects that improve plant health
• Preventing field pests from accessing your crop (e.g. screening)
• Upgrades to sanitation and work-flow that prevent spread of pathogens
• and other projects, as long as they promote plant health and safety
According to the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA), eligible participants must:
• Be a legal farm business that produces agricultural commodities in Ontario
• Have a farm business registration number or eligible exemption for the farm business
• A valid premises identification number
• Satisfy additional requirements or participation in workshops for specific focus areas or activities
First launched in 2018, this five-year federal-provincial-territorial cost-share program aims to promote innovation, economic development, environmental stewardship and food safety in the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Vertical farming startup partners with food service providerChartwells, Canada's largest educational foodservice provider, and The Growcer, announced…
Silicon effective against powdery mildew in verbenaFrom October 4, 2017 to January 8, 2018, a research…
Natural gas expansion to start in ChathamChatham-Kent is about to benefit from access to natural gas.
Quebec cannabis producer acquires NewstrikeQuebec cannabis producer HEXO has acquired Oakville-based Newstrike, parent of…
World Floral ExpoWed Mar 20, 2019
California Spring TrialsSat Mar 23, 2019
CPMA Convention & Trade ShowTue Apr 02, 2019
GreenTechTue Jun 11, 2019
Grower DaysTue Jun 18, 2019