Cornies, VanderHout new OGVG vice-chairs
Dec. 4, 2015, Leamington, Ont. — The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) has announced its board of directors for the 2015-16 growing season.
Elected to two-year terms at the recent annual general meeting were:
• Kevin Safrance (Envirofresh Produce Ltd.) – District 1.
• Hilco Tamminga (Truly Green Farms) – District 1.
• Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms) – District 2.
• James Neven (Neven Produce) – District 2.
Following the meeting, one seat for a term of one-year remained vacant. The District 2 committee appointed Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses) as a director for a one-year term.
Those growers are joined by the following directors whose terms continue through to Oct. 31, 2016:
• James Cornies (Cornies Farms) – District 1.
• Paul Mastronardi (Mastron Enterprises Ltd.) – District 1.
• Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres) – District 1.
• Mike Vanderzwet (St. David’s Hydroponics) – District 2.
The new board has elected James Cornies and Jan VanderHout as vice-chairs of OGVG from their respective districts for 2015-16. In addition the following were elected to chair committees for the upcoming year:
• Energy & Environmental Committee – Hilco Tamminga (Truly Green).
• Finance Committee – Naunihal Gill (eNature Farms).
• Food Safety Committee – James Cornies (Cornies Farms).
• Marketing Committee – Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres).
• Research Committee – Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms).
The OGVG is a not-for-profit organization representing 210 farmers who grow greenhouse tomato, cucumber and bell pepper crops across the province. OGVG was formed in 1967. The organization represents and supports research on behalf of the Ontario greenhouse growers. It also promotes greenhouse vegetables through various media and tradeshows. For more information, visit www.ogvg.com.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Toronto grower opens The Grow Depot equipment and consulting serviceNow that recreational marijuana is legal across Canada, the need…
Global applicants called for Dutch cannabis classA new two-week intensive cannabis production course has just been…
Canadian packaging recognized in BerlinA Canadian food-service and packaging company took home the bronze…
Winners of the 2018 AGGA awards announcedThree big awards were handed out by the Alberta Greenhouse…
OFVGA AGMTue Feb 19, 2019
Northwest Flower & Garden ShowWed Feb 20, 2019
Ontario Fruit and Vegetable ConventionWed Feb 20, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysTue Mar 05, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysThu Mar 07, 2019
Canada BloomsFri Mar 08, 2019