Cornies, VanderHout new OGVG vice-chairs
Dec. 4, 2015, Leamington, Ont. — The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) has announced its board of directors for the 2015-16 growing season.
Elected to two-year terms at the recent annual general meeting were:
• Kevin Safrance (Envirofresh Produce Ltd.) – District 1.
• Hilco Tamminga (Truly Green Farms) – District 1.
• Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms) – District 2.
• James Neven (Neven Produce) – District 2.
Following the meeting, one seat for a term of one-year remained vacant. The District 2 committee appointed Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses) as a director for a one-year term.
Those growers are joined by the following directors whose terms continue through to Oct. 31, 2016:
• James Cornies (Cornies Farms) – District 1.
• Paul Mastronardi (Mastron Enterprises Ltd.) – District 1.
• Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres) – District 1.
• Mike Vanderzwet (St. David’s Hydroponics) – District 2.
The new board has elected James Cornies and Jan VanderHout as vice-chairs of OGVG from their respective districts for 2015-16. In addition the following were elected to chair committees for the upcoming year:
• Energy & Environmental Committee – Hilco Tamminga (Truly Green).
• Finance Committee – Naunihal Gill (eNature Farms).
• Food Safety Committee – James Cornies (Cornies Farms).
• Marketing Committee – Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres).
• Research Committee – Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms).
The OGVG is a not-for-profit organization representing 210 farmers who grow greenhouse tomato, cucumber and bell pepper crops across the province. OGVG was formed in 1967. The organization represents and supports research on behalf of the Ontario greenhouse growers. It also promotes greenhouse vegetables through various media and tradeshows. For more information, visit www.ogvg.com.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
4 key differences between a cannabis greenhouse and an ornamental greenhouseWhen the legal industry began to emerge, indoor cannabis grow…
What’s in store at the Green Industry ShowThe 2018 Green Industry Show & Conference (GISC) is just…
Managing greenhouse retention pondsRetention ponds play an important role in helping Ontario greenhouse…
New crop, new image for EcobainSaskatchewan vertical farm, Ecobain Gardens has announced a shift in…
Farm Energy WorkshopSat Nov 24, 2018
HortEastTue Nov 27, 2018
Great Lakes Expo 2018Tue Dec 04, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Midwest Green Industry Experience - Member SummitWed Dec 12, 2018
CongressWed Jan 09, 2019
Tropical Plant International ExpoWed Jan 16, 2019