Greenhouse Canada

News
New report spotlights giftware


July 4, 2012
By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery

July 4, 2012, Frankfurt, Germany — The market for giftware is expanding, with the main segments of this market captured by home and table accessories, according to a new report from IFH Cologne and Messe Frankfurt.

In their new report, Giftware, IFH Cologne and Messe Frankfurt reported that the volume for giftware now totals 10.4 billion Euros; 33 per cent of this market is captured by home and table accessories and 23 per cent is held by the wellness and cosmetics segment.

"Against the basic trend in other sectors, the specialist retail trade in the market for giftware is not only the most important sales channel but has also been able to gain additional market shares," said Dr. Susanne Eichholz-Klein, business unit manager, for IFH Retail Consultants. "In particular, the big chains, such as Butlers & Co., are pushing the market. Moreover, other retailers have also understood that giftware is great for attracting customers and are compiling their assortments accordingly."

Advertisment

The report also found that not every gift purchased is given as a present. In 2011, giftware worth up to 6.2 billion Euros was purchased as presents — around 60 per cent of the total market. The remaining 40 per cent was purchased for the buyers’ own use.

Giftware also contains information about market volumes and potential of the individual giftware segments for trade and industry, as well as the challenges facing the retail trade, the various sales channels, the on-going process of structural change and consumer behaviour.

The report was released ahead of Tendence 2012, the international consumer goods fair focused on the latest products and trends for living and giving. Tendence 2012 runs Aug. 24 to 28 at the Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre in Frankfurt, Germany.

To access a summary of the Giftware report, visit www.messefrankfurt.com.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*