Introducing the IGC Think Tank
April 25, 2013 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
Apr. 25, 2013, Chicago — The IGC Think Tank will debut at this year's expanded IGC Know2Grow Retail Conference, bringing together the best minds in garden retail for a full series of panel discussions.
Now with a record 48 sessions driven by the most minds ever at IGC, this year's Know2Grow Retail Conference, Aug. 20 to 22 at Navy Pier in Chicago, offers retailers even more resources to power their profits.
Larry Pfarr, owner of Leap Retail Consulting, will lead the IGC Think Tank panel discussions. Pfarr specializes in the in-store retail shopping experience, as well as marketing, advertising, public relations and social media. He has more than 23 years of experience with Bachman’s Floral, Gift & Garden, where he served as director of visual merchandising and store design for 18 years. Pfarr will lead timely, compelling discussions on what it takes to profit today.
IGC Think Tank sessions will include:
- Selling More by Showing More with Tony Fulmer (retail manager at Chalet), Ted Manley (chief operating officer at Linder's) and Jerry Schmitt (annual and perennial buyer at Stein Gardens & Gifts)
- Have Yourself a Profitable Christmas with Dean Darin (merchandise manager and store director at English Gardens) and Heather McLean (senior manager and buyer of seasonal division at Alsip Home & Nursery)
- Working Your Local Media with Jennifer Brennan (horticulture information specialist and manager of the education center at Chalet), Mason Day (marketing at Ball Horticultural Company) and Phyliss Williams (co-owner of K&W Greenery)
- See What Selling 'Local' Looks Like with Jon Carloftis (owner of Jon Carloftis Fine Gardens and Rockcastle River Trading Company) and Bill and Suzanne Koch (owners of Hawthorn Gardens)
- Gift, Home & Seasonal Display Magic with Heather McLean (senior manager and buyer of seasonal division at Alsip Home & Nursery), Linda Peterson (home accents buyer at Pasquesi Home and Gardens) and Josh Samples (product manager and merchandiser at Rockcastle River Trading Company)
- Discover: The Independent Garden Center of the Future with Rod Grasman (owner and manager at Garden Crossings) and Matt Horn (owner of Matterhorn Associates)
The IGC Show is the world's largest order-writing trade show and conference for independent garden center owners, managers and buyers and provides over 50 hours of sessions led by the industry's leading minds. For more information, visit www.igcshow.com.
Print this page