Garden Expo keen on green
February 11, 2009 By Greenhouse Canada
Feb. 11, 2009 – Landscape Ontario, in partnership with Flowers Canada Toronto Chapter, hosted their ninth-annual Garden & Florist Expo for the green and floral industries at the Toronto Congress Centre last fall.
|Photo courtesy of David Oyashi|
Landscape Ontario, in partnership with Flowers Canada Toronto Chapter, hosted their ninth-annual Garden & Florist Expo for the green and floral industries at the Toronto Congress Centre last fall.
“While attendance this year was marginally down from 2007, the 3,320 visitors who did attend had no problem buying,” said show manager Paul Day. “The Expo created endless business opportunities through exceptional programming and social events. Working alongside our partners, we created an environment that facilitated networking, business growth and professional development.”
Over 150 new or green products and new plant varieties were presented in the New Product Showcase this year. In a “garden” like setting with gazebos from Camilla House and containers from Apex Elegance, more than 600 buyers flocked to the New Product Showcase.
- U.K.’s Gardening TV – A series of custom-made TV programs for display in garden centres.
- Speaking Roses – Beautiful roses with messages or logos imprinted on the petals.
- Estria International Limited’s Aerated Biodegradable Flower Pots.
- Home Asia's “Blossom” – Real flowers in a glass that last up to three years.
- Fernlea Flowers’ Bonnie Plants.</bu>
- The Top “Green” Products on display at the Garden & Florist Expo were:
- Superfast Solutions Green Organic Hand Cleaner.
- Crescent Garden Planters.
- Bushman Water Harvesting System.
- Tree Removal Bio-Bags.
- Turf Revolution Natural and Organic Fertilizers.
- Nema-Globe Grub Buster<rm>; Nema-Globe Leatherjacket Busters<tm> and Persea<rm> Organic Lawn.
- Scottsdale Outdoor Electric Fireplace by Dimplex North America Limited.
Canadale Nurseries Ltd, Connon Nurseries, NVK Holdings Inc., Georgina Garden Centre, Humber Nurseries Ltd., Mori Gardens, Pathways To Perennials, and Willowbrook Nurseries Inc. were all recognized during the Landscape Ontario Awards of Excellence program.
Print this page