Mandatory isolation support applications extended for temporary foreign workers
July 3, 2020 By Western Agriculture Labour Initiative (WALI), Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The application period for the Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program has been extended until August 31, 2020.
The program offers $1,500 in support for each TFW completing quarantine. Please note that the application deadline may be changed in the event that the mandatory 14-day self isolation requirements are lifted or extended. The Western Agriculture Labour Initiative (WALI) recommends completing applications as soon as possible.
Details were announced back in May, and the deadline had originally be set for June 30, 2020.
Eligible recipients would be:
- Canadian employers in the farming, fish harvesting, and food production and processing sectors.
Eligible activities are of the following nature and type:
- wages and benefits of the temporary foreign workers during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- off site accommodations during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- transportation to and from off site accommodations required during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- food or a food allowance during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- health and safety supplies such as gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant cleaners and soaps required for the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- other incremental costs directly associated to the 14 day mandatory isolation period imposed on temporary foreign workers under the Quarantine Act
Applications are available through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
For further assistance, please contact Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada with any questions at 1-877-246-4682 or by email: aafc.MISP-PAIO.email@example.com.
Print this page