Greenhouse Canada

Temporary foreign workers eligible for EI or CERB

April 10, 2020  By Western Agriculture Labour Initiative (WALI)

Employment and Social Development Canada has now confirmed that temporary foreign workers (TFWs) can be eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).

In both cases, temporary foreign workers are subject to the same eligibility criteria as Canadians and permanent residents. 

Got human resources questions around COVID? Register for this webinar on April 16 @2pm (ET):


Print this page


Stories continue below