‘The Amazing Landscape Race’ to debut at HortEast
Sept. 18, 2015, Moncton, N.B. — Looking to test your plant skills in friendly competition? Put a team together and register for “The Amazing Landscape Race,” one of the new features at this year’s HortEast Show.
“The Amazing Landscape Race” skills challenge is an obstacle course on the trade show floor. Softscape, hardscape, irrigation and maintenance challenges will be set up, with a number of heats run throughout the two-day show. Will your company take home the trophy and prizes in 2015?
HortEast is Atlantic Canada’s premier horticulture trade show and conference.
Held at the Moncton Coliseum Complex from Nov. 23-25, delegates will have the opportunity to meet with exhibitors from across Canada and the U.S., learn from industry experts during pre-show workshops and the two-day conference program, and network with peers from across Atlantic Canada during a number of social events.
Also new this year is a “Green Infrastructure Conference” theme on Nov. 25 that is sure to be of interest to landscape designers, architects, municipalities and planners.
Three pre-show workshops are planned for Nov. 23.
• Landscape Design Workshop with Patrick DuChene, sponsored by DynaSCAPE Software.
• “Making 2016 Better and More Profitable” Management Workshop with Corey Bordine.
• Landscape Foreman Workshop with Peter Reid.
Conference sessions include:
• “Do your customers see you the same way you see yourself,” with Corey Bordine.
• “Container Gardening” and “Planting for Pollinators,” with Paul Zammit.
• “Becoming a Magnet for Talent” and “The Weather Math Toolbox,” with Phil Harwood.
• “Designing for Profitability,” with Patrick DuChene.
• “Water and the Landscape, the Changing Plant Palate” and “The Relationship with the Designer/Consultant and the Installer,” with Timothy Malooly.
• "How to Build an Engaged and Productive Team" and “Turn your company into a BRAND,” with Peter Van Stralen.
• "Sustainable Landscape Strategies – Environmental, economic and social challenges," with Tracey MacKenzie and Lara Ryan.
• "The Strategic use of Living and Decomposing Biomass to Manage Coastal Issues," with Rosmarie Lohnes.
• "Moss-Aside; A New Product for the Control of Moss in Turf" and “Cueva Copper Fungicide: A New solution,” with Tim Tripp, Neudorff North America.
• “Harvesting Potential: Planting the Seeds of Good Employee Relationships,” with Denis Robichaud and Jocelyn Rhindress, CFIB.
ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AT DEMOS
The free “Demo Area” is also included with your trade show registration – make sure to bring your staff to check out a number of hands-on demonstrations.
Opportunities will be available to write exams and earn credits for Landscape Industry Certified certification renewal (Technicians, Retail Horticulturists, Designers and Managers), ISA Atlantic and Plant Health Atlantic. Visit the website to view credit levels and exam times.
Register online at www.horteast.com and check the website regularly for show updates.
Confirmed sponsors include DynaSCAPE Software (Gold), Envirem Organics (Silver), Neudorff North America, CFIB, Corn Hill Nusery Ltd. (Speaker Sponsors), HortProtect Insurance, Abbotsford Nursery, The Groundsman’s Garage, Willowbrook Nurseries (Coffee Break), Greenhouse Canada magazine (Media), and Chase Paymentech (Registration).
The federal government (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada) and the provincial government (Minister of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries) have provided funding support through the Growing Forward 2, Developing Management Skills Program.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Global applicants called for Dutch cannabis classA new two-week intensive cannabis production course has just been…
Canadian packaging recognized in BerlinA Canadian food-service and packaging company took home the bronze…
Mobile app lends support to foreign workersThere’s a new mobile app for international farm workers in…
BC cannabis growers excluded from carbon tax reliefGreenhouse carbon tax relief grant applications are now being accepted…
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysTue Mar 05, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysThu Mar 07, 2019
Canada BloomsFri Mar 08, 2019
CHC AGMWed Mar 13, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
China International Floriculture & Horticulture Trade FairSun Mar 17, 2019