HortEast announces conference program
August 21, 2013 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
Aug. 21, 2013, Moncton, NB — Delegates attending the 20th HortEast will have the opportunity to meet with exhibitors from across Canada and the U.S., learn from exceptional industry experts and network with peers during the trade show and conference.
Atlantic Canada’s premier horticulture trade show and conference will be held at the Moncton Coliseum Complex in Moncton, N.B., from Nov. 18 to 20.
Four pre-show workshops will be offered on Nov. 18, including:
- The Ultimate Design/Build Sales Process” Landscape Design Workshop with Jody Shilan
- Key Ingredients for Retail Success – Retail 4.0 Retail Garden Centre Workshop with Ian Baldwin
- An Update on 2013 Research for Lawn Pest Issues and What is the Risk to Water Quality Posed by Turfgrass Fertilization Landscape Maintenance Workshop with Ken Pavely and Dr. Christopher Murray
- Endura Colour – State of the Art Concrete Technology and Trends, Permeable Pavements and Rain Water Management, Benefits of Joint Stablization in Hardscapes and Maintenance and Treatment of Hardscape Surfaces Hardscape Workshop with Robert Whyte and Richard Beaulieu
The conference program, which runs Nov. 19 and 20 includes:
- It’s Time to Grow Sales! and Winning the Price Wars – How to sell on value and win more clients in the new economy with Jeffrey Scott
- Trends in Horticulture with Anna Ball
- From Design 2 Build – How to successfully transition a project for design/sales to production with Jody Shilan
- Re-inventing Garden Retail with Ian Baldwin
- Turfgrass Seed: Advancements in Real World Applications with Ken Pavely
- Technologies for efficient irrigation in greenhouse crop productions and How to fertilize container crops to save money and the environment with Dr. Youbin Zheng
- Looks Good Enough to Eat! Permaculture – Living off YOUR Land, Close Companions – Using Perennials and Annuals Together and Working WITH Nature with Sean James
- Lawn & Turf Soil Improvement Utilizing Dehydrated Compost Topdressings and Organic Fertilizers with Rod Fry
- Low-maintenance Landscapes that Work with Nature with Jeremie LeBlanc
Trade show registration also allows delegates to access the free demo area, with presentations such as:
- Hardscape Hands on Training
- 3D Landscape Designs
- Landscape Industry Certified Designer Exam Orientation Q&A Session
- Tree Grafting
- The Apprenticeship Advantage
- Landscape Industry Certified Designer Portfolio Workshops
Technicians, retail horticulturists, designers and managers will also have opportunities to write exams and earn credits for Landscape Industry Certified certification renewal, and continuing education units (CEU) with the International Society of Arborists and Plant Health Atlantic.
For more information or to register, visit www.horteast.ns.ca.
Print this page