‘Fore’ for floriculture fundraiser
July 7, 2011, Fenwick, Ont. — Peninsula Lakes Golf Course was the site
of last week's 39th annual Flowers Canada (Ontario) – Cecil Delworth
July 7, 2011, Fenwick, Ont. — Peninsula Lakes Golf Course was the site of last week's 39th annual Flowers Canada (Ontario) – Cecil Delworth Foundation tournament.
This is a major fundraiser in support of floriculture research.
Award winners included:
• Canadian Florist Magazine Trophy (Low Team Gross) — Sean Chiki, Steve Van Spronsen, Shane Ritzema and Mike Ellis. Each player also received a free round of golf from Peninsula Lakes.
• Founder's Trophy — Dave DeHaan, Barrie Ogilvie, Doug Smith and John Edgar. (This trophy has been donated by Tidy's Flowers in honour of Nick Lye who was one of the founding fathers of the tournament.) Each player also received a free round of golf from Peninsula Lakes.
• Teleflora Canada Trophy (Closest to the Pin – Ladies) — Helen Luey.
• Greenhouse Canada Trophy (Closest to the Pin – Men) — Paul Stigter.
• Flowers Canada (Ontario) – Ladies' Longest Drive — Darlene Homonko.
• Flowers Canada (Ontario) – Men's Longest Drive — Shane Ritzema.
• Closest to the Restaurant ($200 gift certificate to Niagara Culinary Institute), compliments of Martin Farms — presented to Keith Osborne.
• Closest to the Wand (prize courtesy of Dramm) — Denny Therrien.
• 50/50 Draw — Bridget Fabe.
• Gas barbecue raffle (Compliments of RLB, LLP) — Peter Ovsenek.
• Dinghy Shot winner — Nick Holubowsky.
|Taking part in the Canadian Florist (Low team gross) awards presentation
were, left to right, Sean Chiki (Engage Agro), Steve Van Spronsen
(Willy's Greenhouses), Shane Ritzema (Willy's Greenhouses), presenter
Mark Crandon of Greenhouse Canada, and Mike Ellis (Mystic Golf Course).
|Taking part in the Founder's Trophy ceremony were, left to right,
John Edgar, Doug Smith, presenter Bryan Van Geest (FCO board secretary),
Dave de Haan and Barrie Ogilvie.
|Board treasurer Gina Marchionda, at left, presents the Ladies' Longest Drive
trophy, sponsored by Flowers Canada (Ontario), to Darlene Homonko of the
Vineland Research and Innovation Inc.
|FCO board secretary Bryan Van Geest presents the Men's Longest Drive
trophy, sponsored by Flowers Canada (Ontario) Inc., to Shane Ritzema of
|FCO board treasurer Gina Marchionda, at left, congratulates Ladies' Closest to the Pin winner Helen Luey.|
|Paul Stigter, at left, won the Greenhouse Canada magazine trophy for
Men's Closest to the Pin. Making the presentation is FCO research
director Jamie Aalbers.
|Bob Martin, at left, of Martin Farms, presented the Closest to the Restaurant
Prize (a gift certificate to the Niagara Culinary Institute) to Keith
|Closest to the Wand (watering wand and hose compliments of Dramm
Corporation) winner Denny Therrien, at left, is congratulated by FCO golf
committee chairperson Sean Valk.