August 18 - August 21, 2021
Online registration has now opened for the 2021 Farwest Show, which will take place Wednesday-Friday, August 18-20 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore.
The biggest green industry trade show in the West will be live and in-person for new and seasoned professionals to network, learn, and grow their business in Oregon.
Attendees can simply go to www.FarwestShow.com to register. Early-bird discounts are available on show passes, seminar passes and pesticide classes through July 31.
After the cancellation of last year’s show due to COVID-19, preparations are full steam ahead for this year’s in-person show.
“People have been telling us they want to be back together, face-to-face,” Farwest Show Director Allan Niemi said. “We are eager to showcase what the Oregon nursery industry has to offer to the country. In terms of safety, we’re going to have protocols in place to protect everyone according to current guidelines. We will make adjustments to those as guidance changes and conditions warrant.”
The show will have a complete set of offerings, including:
- A keynote presentation from Katie Dubow of Garden Media Group;
- Nearly 40 hours of industry-leading educational seminars on a variety of relevant topics;
- ·A full lineup of social and networking events, including the traditional Emergent networking event built around new nursery professionals and day-closing Happy Hour on Wednesday, plus a special Women in Horticulture event and legendary Farwest Pub Crawl on Thursday;
- The New Varieties Showcase, displaying the most exciting new plant introductions coming to the marketplace;
- The Growing Trends Showcase on the show floor, highlighting a current landscaping trend; and
- The Solutions Center on the show floor, offering mini-seminars on a variety of relevant topics for the nursery industry.
The one thing missing will be the traditional Farwest Show nursery bus tours, typically held the day before the show begins. Those will return in 2022.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures have been implemented by the Oregon Convention Center (OCC). The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) has awarded the center with its GBAC STAR accreditation. The program has 20 core elements to strategically create a safe, sanitary environment. Farwest show organizers are working with OCC to provide an experience that serves all the trade show’s exhibitors and attendees.
Major airlines serve Portland through Portland International Airport (PDX). Travel to and from the airport and around the city is convenient and cost-effective using Portland MAX Light Rail and the Portland Streetcar. Portland is the largest metropolitan city at the heart of Oregon’s favourable and moderate growing region — commonly known as Nursery Country. The city is a popular travel location, famous for its accessible hiking trails, public transit, excellent dining, microbrews, great coffee and fine wines.
Previously, it was announced that hotel reservations are now being accepted for the show, as well. Rooms should be booked directly through the hotels, but Farwest discounts are available. For information, go to https://farwestshow.com/hotel-travel/.
Visit event's website
Print this page