Yoder Brothers will become Aris
April 2, 2009 By Yoder Brothers
April 2, 2009, Barberton, Ohio — A new chapter opens on July 1 in the
history of Yoder Brothers. On that date, the company will become Aris.
April 2, 2009, Barberton, Ohio — A new chapter opens on July 1 in the history of Yoder Brothers. On that date, the company will become Aris.
Although it has a new name, the company’s legacy has not changed. Over 85 years of commitment and teamwork with breeder, grower and retail partners have made Aris uniquely qualified to succeed in the 21st century. The corporate office will remain in Barberton, Ohio.
The new holding company, Aris, will continue to operate Yoder Brothers’ three business units; they are just being branded in a different way. “We continue to provide the same services and products our customers have come to rely on,” says said Bill Rasbach, president and CEO of Aris. “All that has really changed is the company name. Although the mum and aster genetics have been sold, we still know mums and we still offer them for sale, along with our other product lines.”
Yoder has always been aligned as distinct business groups. This is the same under Aris. What’s new is that these internal groups are now being branded differently. The company has taken the opportunity to streamline these business units/divisions and associate them with an existing, recognizable name/brand.
• Yoder Perennials/Yoder Green Leaf Perennials is now Green Leaf Plants™.
• Yoder Canada is now Keepsake Plants™.
• Yoder Sales and Yoder Canada Sales are now Aris Horticultural ServicesSM.
• Green Leaf Plants™ provides growers throughout the United States and Canada with starter plants and pre-finished products for perennials and more: azaleas, tropical hibiscus, hydrangeas, mandevillas, poinsettias, roses, exacum, gloxinia, lisianthus and pentas. Production facilities are located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Fort Myers and Parrish, Florida.
• Keepsake Plants™ produces finished potted plants that can be found at retailers across North America. Keepsake specializes in fresh, high quality azaleas, chrysanthemums, Fleurettes, tropical hibiscus, mandevillas, hydrangeas, poinsettias, Easter lilies, Persian violets and other flowering plants, including perennials. Production facilities are in Leamington, Ontario and Fort Myers, Florida.
• Aris Horticultural ServicesSM is a sales and marketing organization that is among the industry’s most experienced. Sales representatives are former growers, production specialists and technical experts who offer a wide range of products and services, including those available through Green Leaf Plants™, Keepsake Plants™ and a complete line of brokered products from a large network of affiliated producers. The in-house marketing department provides advertising, public relations, communications and marketing services based on clear, solution-based objectives. Headquarters is at the Aris corporate office in Barberton, Ohio.
Each business unit will have its own website, offering customers at-a-glance information on every product line, including availabilities, detailed cultural guides, technical support and customer service.
“The new company’s vision includes understanding the business challenges of its customers and striving to provide solutions that add value along every step of the supply chain,” the company explains. “Bringing better plants to market, more efficiently and more profitably than ever before, the business units that make up Aris are true partners in their customers’ success – creating efficiency and sustainability that elevate the entire industry.”
Print this page