Wood pellet heating updates at conference
By Dave Harrison
Jan. 27, 2015, Montreal — For those off the gas grid, wood pellets offer a Canadian-made, carbon-neutral way to heat their operations.
The annual Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference is the opportunity in 2015 to find out more about the automated technology and applications around this proven energy source.
Held at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel on Feb. 18-19 in Montreal, this event is connected to the Montreal Wood Convention (montrealwoodconvention.com); attendees are welcome to participate in both events at no extra cost.
Pellet conference highlights include:
• Bus tour of pellet boiler installations in the Ottawa Valley including a church, a school and an apartment building. Also a tour of Lauzon Recyled Wood Energy pellet plant (to be confirmed).
• WPAC board meeting open to all WPAC and QWEB pellet group members.
• Trade show.
• Networking cocktail on the evening of Feb. 18.
• Presentations on pellet markets; new pellet stove and boiler technologies; successful pellet installations; and a panel discussion on how to address seasonal demand fluctuations.
• Learn about Rentech’s new Ontario pellet plants and the company’s plans to export pellets through the Port of Quebec City.
Click here for the full program.