August 24, 2021 By Greta Chiu
West coast horticultural trade show, Grow West Coast is sporting a new name, location and feel for its in-person event this year.
Previously known as CanWest Horticultural Expo, the BC Landscape & Nursery Association halted the event last year due to the COVID pandemic. This year, they’ve rebranded the event to deliver an outdoor marketplace-style trade show under the new name Grow West Coast at Surrey City Hall Civic Plaza located in Surrey, B.C.
For those looking for speaker sessions, there are nearly 20 educational seminars and workshops scheduled for greenhouse and nursery growers, garden centres, landscape professionals and other green industry professionals.
Some of the session highlights include:
- Grow Your Online Presence + Monetize It with Social Media with Claire Henwood
- Current Consumer Trends: What’s Trending Now and Into 2022 with Shelley Levis
- Post Pandemic and What the Future Holds with Brian Minter
- New & Innovative Opportunities in the Floriculture Marketplace with Brian Minter
- The Dark Art of Pricing with Andrew Gregson
- Safety Culture: Why you need it and why you should want it with Wendy Bennett
- Rodent management in agriculture: Half-day workshop
Visit the website for a complete list of sessions. Some are eligible for ISA, Landscape Industry Certified and BC Pesticide Applicator Re-Certification credits.
Other event highlights include
- a New Product Showcase in the marketplace
- participant designed, one-of-a-kind garden creation competition at Contained
- a test of attendees’ horticulture knowledge at The Plant ID Feature
- Opening Night Tailgate Party and Awards Ceremony
The horticultural event runs September 15th and 16th, 2021. Follow Grow West Coast on social media (@GrowWestCoast) to receive the latest information.
Print this page