Wave Petunias celebrate 15th anniversary
March 24, 2010 – As Wave Petunias celebrates its 15th anniversary this year, the brand expands its palette with three new designer varieties that are sure to enhance its reputation as one of the most popular annual brands on the market today.
Since 1995,Wave® petunias have brightened homes and gardens with beautiful colour and unmatched performance. As Wave Petunias celebrates its 15th anniversary this year, the brand expands its palette with three new designer varieties that are sure to enhance its reputation as one of the most popular annual brands on the market today.
Look for the following new Wave introductions this year in their distinctive Wave pink pots:
• Offering the first star pattern in the series, Easy Wave® Burgundy Star showcases rich burgundy and white on its large-flowered blooms.
• The new Easy Wave Plum Vein has a lavender background with plum-violet veining, and is the first vein pattern in the Easy Wave series.
• The flowers of Shock Wave® Denim petunia start as a rich blue and change throughout the season, altering its color just like a favorite pair of blue jeans.
Since award-winning Wave Purple was first introduced in 1995, the Wave family has expanded to include five series. All offer vibrant colour, long bloom time and the easy-care maintenance that Wave gardeners have come to expect:
• The original Wave series features a low-growing habit, spreading up to 4 feet for ground-hugging carpets of colour.
• Easy Wave series has a more mounded and controlled spreading habit, making it the most versatile and ideal for baskets and containers.
• Shock Wave series’ petite blooms offer high-voltage colour for small spaces.
• Double Wave® series gives gardeners frilly flowers for baskets and planters.
• Tidal Wave® series is the most vigorous as it spreads and grows into a flower-filled petunia hedge.
The explosive growth of Wave petunias has been aided by the WaveFan Club at wave-rave.com, which currently has more than 17,000 members. In addition to giving Wave enthusiasts a virtual place to share their tips and success stories, the Wave Fan Club offers benefits like VIP contests and helpful hints for gardening success. Fans also can share ideas, comments and photos via the Wave Petunias fan page on Facebook, and follow the Wave series on Twitter @WavePetunias.