Structures & Equipment
Unmanned vertical farming system now available globally
July 16, 2020 By Sananbio
Indoor farming technology provider, Sananbio announced the release of its unmanned vertical farming system to growers globally.
“Pour your seeds in the seeder and do nothing but expect fresh veggies in a matter of days,” said Zhan Zhuo, co-founder and CEO of Sananbio. Known as Uplift, the system has been in testing for the last two years and proves to be commercially feasible and ready to be established as turnkey projects for worldwide growers.
“It can produce 6-8 tons of fresh leafy greens every day in a farm of only 5,000 sqm. By going up, we can best utilize the space to increase the yields. With the same farm size, Uplift’s productivity is six times of a six-layered indoor farm. The increased yield means lowered cost, which in turn makes our produce affordable to more people. We’ve also upgraded our water circulation system so that 60 per cent of the water can be absorbed by plants and the remaining 40 per cent recycled. This fact is especially meaningful for the regions of the world that struggle with water shortages and harsh agricultural conditions,” said Zhan.
Uplift uses PlantKeeper, a proprietary indoor farming management system, to control and monitor environmental factors so farm operators can be updated with real-time growing conditions in throughout the farm. By using simple and proven robotics and conveyor systems, Uplift automates seeding, transplanting, harvesting, plant transporting and system cleaning, reducing labour intensity to its lowest.
“We’re phasing out manpower to make our produces available for more people. So we can say that UPLIFT is unmanned for humanity,” said Zhan.
Sananbio is a joint-venture by LED manufacturer Sanan Optoelectronics and the Institute of Botany of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Print this page
- Vineland recruits for new board members
- Ontario invests $50M into provincial risk management program