Time for spring tuneup
May 13, 2009 By Mitsubishi Fork Lifts
May 13, 2009 — Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks has released its top 10
spring cleaning and maintenance tips to help ensure forklift trucks
keep running through the summer heat.
May 13, 2009 — Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks has released its top 10 spring cleaning and maintenance tips to help ensure forklift trucks keep running through the summer heat.
Customers are encouraged to perform the following routine maintenance checks on a regular basis:
1. Lubrication System: Check service history and inspect all sealed areas of engine for oil leaks. Some environments may contribute to more frequent service intervals.
2. Air Filtration System: Inspect air intake system for proper sealing.
3. Electrical System: Inspect the battery, cables, electrical wires and spark plugs for wear and corrosion.
4. Cooling System: Check radiator hoses, clamps and cap.
5. Transmission: Check transmission fluid for appropriate level, colour and odour.
6. Braking System: Test brake pedal height and free play operation for proper adjustment.
7. Hydraulic System: Check pump, cylinders, hoses and valves for leaks, wear and/or proper settings.
8. Front-End System: Inspect forks for cracks, height and appropriate thickness.
9. Steering System: Inspect condition of valves, rubber parts and hoses.
10. Wheels and Tires: Check front and rear tire pressure. Note any cuts, chunking or shredding.
To further protect the life of equipment, forklift owners should contact a local dealer for additional assistance on performing routine maintenance.
Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks feature a selection of forklift truck models, ranging in capacity from 2,200 to 15,500 pounds.
Print this page