How to enter
Step #1: Register online to submit a Notice of Intention to Enter, along with the non-refundable entry fee of $350 CAD + tax by July 2, 2021
Step #2: Once confirmed, entrants will be provided with an official entry form. Completed submissions with supporting materials and high resolution images are due by July 26, 2021.
There are four categories of awards:
- Pest management
- International (For non-Canadian entries)
How entries will be judged
Judged by a panel of greenhouse consultants and stakeholders across Canada, the technology will be judged based on
- What is the technology and what does it do?
- The problem or opportunity addressed by the technology
- How is this technology distinguish itself from similar technology on the market
- Any social, economic and/or environmental benefits to the greenhouse/CEA sector and/or society
- Strength of supporting materials, including reference letters from customers and technology partners, as well as third-party research studies, will be considered
Rules and eligibility
- With the exception of the ‘International’ category, submitted technology must have been designed and/or manufactured by a Canadian business or organization.
- Submitted technologies can be completely new products or enhanced and/or updated versions of earlier releases.
- For the awards’ debut year, all technologies, new or updated/enhanced, must have been commercially released during the current Period of Eligibility: Jan 1, 2019, to July 2, 2021.
- If the submission is based on an enhancement to an existing technology, the entry should be focused on the new advancement or update.
- Entrants may submit up to three supporting materials relating to the technology, such as reference letters from customers, technology partners, research studies, etc. Each one should be no longer than two pages. Additional pages will not be read.