Passion for Produce participants announced
By Greenhouse Canada
By Greenhouse Canada
The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) has announced the participants for the 2021 Passion for Produce (PFP) program which will be delivered virtually during the weeks surrounding CPMA Fresh Week.
The PFP program was launched in 2010 to support talent development of young professionals in the produce sector. CPMA members can nominate rising stars to take part in this program to accelerate their professional development through a unique mentoring and learning experience.
“Each year, we’re amazed by the bright, young talent the PFP program attracts and develops,” said Ron Lemaire, president, CPMA. “We value the opportunity to cultivate future leaders for our industry and are incredibly proud to continue mentoring these individuals as they grow throughout their career.”
Lemaire adds that as the program continues to grow, “so do the participants’ careers, and it’s very inspiring to see the progress and success of PFP Alumni as their passion takes them to new levels in our industry.”
A virtual format will mean expanded time with industry mentors, international facility tours, and more opportunities to network and connect with other young professionals in the sector.
The 2021 PFP participants are:
- Raeanne Anderson, Consolidated Fruit Packers Ltd.
- Kevin Pedreira, Red Sun Farms
- Sevag Artinian, Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- Steven O’Hora, Highline Mushrooms
- Vicky Blais, Metro Inc.
- Kevin Qu, Fresh Direct Produce
- Gary Dhaliwal, BC Hot House
- Jorie Rose, EarthFresh Foods
- Stephen Di Girolamo, Metro
- Karina Sommerkamp, Gambles Produce
- Anna Lisa Farina, The Wonderful Company
- Chris Stafford, Star Produce
- Scott Hunter, Burnac Produce
- Marina Subic, Vineland Growers’ Co-operative
- Sebastian Kmiecik, Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- Sharon Tian, Peak of the Market
- Spencer Lightfoot, NatureFresh Farms
- Sandra Ulewicz, The Ontario Produce Marketing Association
- Ben Murray, Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association
- Michael Wexler, Oppy