Nominations due for Outstanding Young Farmers
January 30, 2020 By Greenhouse Canada
Nominations for regional Outstanding Young Farmers programs will close over the next few months.
Nominees may be an individual, couple or managing partner/shareholder of a farm group. Nominees may be two partners in a farming operation (i.e. siblings) who meet all the criteria requirements.
The nominee must be responsible for the majority of management decisions in operating the farm. They must derive a minimum of two-thirds of their gross revenue from farming and not have reached the age of 40 as of January 1 in the year of competition.
A letter of support (on formal letterhead) from a third party must accompany the application form at the regional level.
Winners of the regional awards programs may qualify for the National Recognition Awards Program.
The judging criteria of Outstanding Young Farmers will be:
- Progress in agriculture career (25 points).
- Environmental stewardship (25 points).
- Production history (25 points).
- Financial and management practices (25 points).
- Contributions to the well-being of the community, province and nation (25 points).
- Other information.
- Financial progress (15 points).
- Oral interviews (35 points).
- National event PowerPoint presentation (25 points).
Visit the national website or each regional website for more information.
Print this page