Each of the following varieties was trialed in North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges during one growing season. Each was trialled next to comparison varieties that are considered best-in-class among those currently on the market.
- Twizzle Purple Twizzle Purple
- Tomato Patio Choice Yellow Tomato Patio Choice Yellow
- Vinca Mega Bloom Orchid Halo Vinca Mega Bloom Orchid Halo
- Vinca Mega Bloom Pink Halo Vinca Mega Bloom Pink Halo
- Zinnia Profusion Red Zinnia Profusion Red
- Chefs Choice Yellow Chefs Choice Yellow
- Endura Scape Pink Bicolor Endura Scape Pink Bicolor
- Fennel Antares Fennel Antares
- Supra Pink F1 Supra Pink F1
- Pepper Mad Hatter F1 Pepper Mad Hatter F1
View the embedded image gallery online at:
This group of AAS Winners for 2017 includes:
• Dianthus Supra Pink F1 (National)
• Fennel Antares F1 (National)
• Geranium Calliope® Medium Dark Red (National)
• Penstemon Twizzle Purple (Regional – Heartland and Southeast)
• Pepper Mad Hatter F1 (National)
• Tomato Chef’s Choice Yellow F1 (Regional – Southeast)
• Tomato Patio Choice Yellow F1 (National)
• Verbena EnduraScape™ Pink Bicolor (National)
• Vinca Mega Bloom Orchid Halo F1 (National)
• Vinca Mega Bloom Pink Halo F1 (National)
• Zinnia Profusion Red (National)
The first group of AAS Winners for 2017 were announced in July 2016. Included were:
• Celosia Asian Garden (National)
• Okra Candle Fire F1 (National)
• Pea Patio Pride (Regional)
• Squash Honeybaby F1 (Regional)
• Watermelon Mini Love F1 (National)
SIXTEEN WINNERS NOW AVAILABLE
This brings the grand total to 16 AAS Winners for 2017. Links on each breeding company name below lead to the appropriate email address for ordering that variety. Brokers, growers, mail order and seed packet companies can purchase these varieties immediately. Retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale for the 2017 gardening season as supply becomes available throughout the chain of distribution. Garden communicators are free to begin writing about these varieties now to build anticipation for 2017 gardens. Each AAS Winner will be marketed through an extensive Social Media and public relations campaign.
• A complete list of all AAS Display gardens can be found here. Display Gardens grow, label and display AAS Winners.
• PowerPoint presentations are available for download on the AAS SlideShare account or on the AAS website.
• Bench cards and variety markers can be downloaded from the AAS website; posters can be ordered from GardenCenterMarketing.com.