The OGVG is celebrating its 50th AGM this year. The meeting was very well attended with over 130 members and guests in attendance to celebrate the milestone.
An election was required in District 1 and following a vote, Kevin Safrance and Hilco Tamminga were elected for a second term. Bill Heeg, Marco Hoogenboom and James Neven were acclaimed in their seats in District 2.
View the embedded image gallery online at:The new Board of Directors for the 2017 – 2018 fiscal year are:
• Paul Mastronardi – Hazel Farms (One year remaining).
• Jason Whitcher – Cecelia Acres (One year remaining).
• Peter Quiring – Nature Fresh Farms (One year remaining).
• Kevin Safrance – EnviroFresh Farms.
• Hilco Tamminga – Truly Green.
• Jan VanderHout– Beverly Greenhouses (One year remaining).
• Mike Vanderzwet – St. David’s Hydroponics (One year remaining).
• Bill Heeg – Sunchoice Greenhouses
• Marco Hoogenboom – Hoogenboom Family Farms
• James Neven – Foothill Greenhouses
The following growers have acclaimed a seat as committee persons for the 2017–18 fiscal year are:
• District 1: Albert Mastronardi, Jim Slater, Rodney Wright, Jordan Kniaziew; one position to be filled.
• District 2: Trish Fournier; four positions to be filled.
The board will appoint members to fill these vacancies at its next meeting meeting in November.
OGVG is responsible for licensing all growers, packers and marketers of Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. OGVG has over 200 growers, representing nearly 2900 acres of high-tech hydroponic greenhouse production.