The Ontario Ornamental Container Trial and Workshop will be held that day at the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre from 9 to noon. The day includes a barbecue lunch, the container trials and a tour of the new greenhouses, and it's free.
- Grower workshop from 9 to noon Grower workshop from 9 to noon
- Container trials Container trials
- Educational program included Educational program included
View the embedded image gallery online at:Educational presentations are also scheduled:
• Dr. Alex Grygorczyk (Vineland Research and Innovation Centre) – New opportunities in floriculture from the growing Asian-Canadian community.
• Dr. Betsy Lamb (Cornell University New York State IPM Program) – Updates from New York: growing cool to save energy, and how fertilizer choice affects aphid pests.
• Rodger Tschanz, (Trial Garden Manager, Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph) – From the greenhouse bench to the landscape, some of the best performers from the 2015 trial season.
• Dr. Sarah Jandricic, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) – Which new flower varieties are tastiest to thrips?
Pre-registration is required before Aug. 17 by calling 877-424-1300.
A public open house (1 to 3) will follow the grower workshop.