Canada Blooms reflects passion for gardening
Jan. 14, 2014, Toronto — Canada Blooms has been connecting people to the joys and benefits of gardens and flowers for nearly two decades, a tradition that will continue this spring with a revamped show that continues to put a spotlight on the very best in Canadian gardening.
Once again co-locating with the National Home Show at the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto, the nineteenth edition of Canada Blooms will have a new look and feel when it opens on March 13th.
“At its heart, Canada Blooms will always be about a passion for gardens and flowers, with a strong focus on trends and education that will make all of us better when working in the dirt,” says general manager Terry Caddo.
“But we are making some changes to the look and feel of the show, something we feel will put more emphasis on those core pillars of Canada Blooms and really emphasize what we are about.”
It starts with a move to a new location in the Direct Energy Centre. A grand entranceway through the National Home Show will lead patrons to Canada Blooms, and lower ceilings in the area are facilitating a $250,000 enhancement in lighting that will provide a better showcase for the feature gardens and create better ambiance throughout the Festival.
Logistically speaking, there is no underground parking below the new location, meaning there are no longer weight restrictions on the feature gardens and how much material can be used in their design. Other features that will make up this year’s show include:
• The Toronto Flower Show, the biggest flower show in Canada and annually one of the most popular events at Blooms, gives amateur floral arrangers and garden club members a chance to showcase their talents and show off their green thumbs.
• Learn how to incorporate exercise elements into your garden with Landscape Ontario’s Otium Garden, including a natural climbing wall.
• Learn from the best. With three stages featuring more than 200 hours of seminars from top garden experts and celebrities, including The Pond Stars from National Geographic and TV gardening experts Mark Cullen and Frankie Flowers on the Unilock Celebrity Stage.
• The Let’s Play! theme will inspire the expert designers, architects, builders and floral superstars responsible for the Feature Gardens, a stunning showcase of vibrant colours, alluring fragrances and captivating designs that will overtake your senses.
• The design flair will also be evident in the Floral Alley, to be designed and built by 10 professional floral designers. From day to day this display will change and bloom, but as the flowers wilt, they are refreshed to keep them beautiful and restored during the entire festival.
CANADA BLOOMS BACKGROUND
Started by Landscape Ontario and The Garden Club of Toronto in 1996, Canada Blooms was an immediate hit, drawing more than 70,000 visitors over five days. Today, Canada Blooms has grown into Canada’s largest garden and flower festival; last year, more than 200,000 folks passed through the garden gates to peruse the brilliant feature gardens or catch up on the latest trends in garden design.
Canada Blooms will be held from March 13 to 22 at the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Global applicants called for Dutch cannabis classA new two-week intensive cannabis production course has just been…
Canadian packaging recognized in BerlinA Canadian food-service and packaging company took home the bronze…
Mobile app lends support to foreign workersThere’s a new mobile app for international farm workers in…
BC cannabis growers excluded from carbon tax reliefGreenhouse carbon tax relief grant applications are now being accepted…
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysTue Mar 05, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysThu Mar 07, 2019
Canada BloomsFri Mar 08, 2019
CHC AGMWed Mar 13, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
China International Floriculture & Horticulture Trade FairSun Mar 17, 2019