Automation a key theme at Dutch tradeshow
Autonomous technology is one of the key themes at GreenTech this year.
The popular horticultural technology tradeshow and conference will return to RAI Amsterdam this year from June 11 to 13, 2019.
According to the release, more than 80 speaker sessions are schedules in three different theatres, developed alongside Delphy and Wageningen University.
Key sessions will include topics on vertical and indoor farming, medicinal cannabis, organic growing, robotics, LED lighting, water efficiency, biocontrol, and more. Sessions of particular note include:
· Greenhouse heating without fossil energy
· Energy and natural resource usage when growing without daylight
· Robotic developments in horticulture and challenges in the future
· Opportunities in commercial aquaponics
· Indoor farming results for fruiting crops and soft fruit
· Use of AI in greenhouse production
· How to grow sustainable indoor quality cannabis using the sun at a fraction of the cost
· Autonomous greenhouse management
· How to improve light transmission in the greenhouse
· Tackling pest management risks from propagator to retailer
· Hygiene measurements related to ToBRFV
· Precision greenhouse horticulture update
· Application of LED lights in woody soft fruits in the winter season
Visitors can register free of charge up to and including June 2. Prices will increase to 40 Euros on June 3, and guests will pay 70 Euros at the door.
For those interested in the Greentech Summit, this is a separately ticketed event that will feature talks on autonomous technology. Speakers include Dr. Silke Hemming, head of the scientific research team of greenhouse technology at Wageningen University & Research.
10,465 professionals from 112 countries visited GreenTech last year, says organizers, with more than half the visitors from outside the Netherlands.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
2019 Canadian Greenhouse Conference wraps upThe 2019 edition and 40th anniversary of the Canadian Greenhouse…
Newly completed 32-acre tomato greenhouse celebrates year-round harvestNatureFresh Farms is celebrating a 20-year growing milestone with a…
Producer to adopt more sustainable packagingSunset Produce has announced their plans to offer 100 per…
Evolving conference celebrates 40 yearsWhat first began as an idea to consolidate many small,…
Advancing Women in AgricultureSun Oct 27, 2019
Opportunities in Greenhouses WorkshopFri Nov 08, 2019 @ 9:00am - 04:30pm
Green Industry ShowThu Nov 14, 2019
Expo FIHOQWed Nov 20, 2019
Great Lakes Growers Expo & Michigan Greenhouse Growers ExpoMon Dec 09, 2019