Automation a key theme at Dutch tradeshow
Autonomous technology is one of the key themes at GreenTech this year.
The popular horticultural technology tradeshow and conference will return to RAI Amsterdam this year from June 11 to 13, 2019.
According to the release, more than 80 speaker sessions are schedules in three different theatres, developed alongside Delphy and Wageningen University.
Key sessions will include topics on vertical and indoor farming, medicinal cannabis, organic growing, robotics, LED lighting, water efficiency, biocontrol, and more. Sessions of particular note include:
· Greenhouse heating without fossil energy
· Energy and natural resource usage when growing without daylight
· Robotic developments in horticulture and challenges in the future
· Opportunities in commercial aquaponics
· Indoor farming results for fruiting crops and soft fruit
· Use of AI in greenhouse production
· How to grow sustainable indoor quality cannabis using the sun at a fraction of the cost
· Autonomous greenhouse management
· How to improve light transmission in the greenhouse
· Tackling pest management risks from propagator to retailer
· Hygiene measurements related to ToBRFV
· Precision greenhouse horticulture update
· Application of LED lights in woody soft fruits in the winter season
Visitors can register free of charge up to and including June 2. Prices will increase to 40 Euros on June 3, and guests will pay 70 Euros at the door.
For those interested in the Greentech Summit, this is a separately ticketed event that will feature talks on autonomous technology. Speakers include Dr. Silke Hemming, head of the scientific research team of greenhouse technology at Wageningen University & Research.
10,465 professionals from 112 countries visited GreenTech last year, says organizers, with more than half the visitors from outside the Netherlands.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Nominees for cannabis awards announcedGrow Up Conference and Expo has announced nominees for its…
Funding call for local food projectsYesterday, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau, along with…
LP to reduce energy costs with new LEDsCrop LED lighting provider, Fluence Bioengineering (Fluence), has announced its…
Trending in the garden: Multipurpose plants take overWhether it’s fashion, food products, gardening or other aspects of…
Farwest ShowWed Aug 21, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Plug and Cutting ConferenceWed Sep 04, 2019
Salon du VégétaleTue Sep 10, 2019
GleeTue Sep 10, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
SAF ConferenceWed Sep 18, 2019
CIB SymposiumTue Sep 24, 2019