Aquaponics workshop includes top speakers
June 8, 2015, Whitby, Ont. — Noa Fisheries is hosting a three-day aquaponics workshop at its Whitby Farm from Aug. 17-19.
Jason and Tamar Oziel founded Noa Fisheries in 2010, after discovering a serious void in the availability of hormone-free and sustainably sourced fish.
Noa Fisheries regularly hosts workshops across Canada with leading experts to help people learn from the best, using tried and true, well researched methods, and to be successful.
Speakers at next month’s workshop include:
• Dr. Nick Savidov – Alberta Agriculture Food and Rural Development.
• Dr. Kevin Fitzsimmons – University of Arizona.
• Charlie Shultz – Lethbridge College (formerly of University of the Virgin Islands).
• Fred Rutman – Professor of marketing and finance (formerly of Sheridan Business College).
• Steve Naylor – OMAFRA.
Featured topics include:
• Commercial aquaponics system design.
• Biochar applications in aquaponics.
• Water quality.
• Food safety.
• Plant production.
• Tilapia breeding to harvest.
• Fresh water prawn breeding to harvest.
• Greenhouse heating and lighting.
• Nutrition and alternative feed.
• Marketing and business plan.
• Social media marketing.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Windsor researchers study solar-powered greenhousesUniversity of Windsor researchers have teamed with local produce growers…
To water or not to water, ask the computerWith so many other tasks requiring attention, modern greenhouses are…
Ministry launches mental health seriesNo matter how busy it gets, mental health and self-care…
Peat moss producer receives federal fundingLambert Peat Moss is one of the key players in…
Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Ontario)Wed Apr 24, 2019 @12:00pm -
GreenTechTue Jun 11, 2019
Grower DaysTue Jun 18, 2019
International Floriculture ExpoTue Jun 18, 2019
Cultivate '19Sat Jul 13, 2019
ASHS ConferenceMon Jul 22, 2019