Aquaponics workshop includes top speakers
June 8, 2015, Whitby, Ont. — Noa Fisheries is hosting a three-day aquaponics workshop at its Whitby Farm from Aug. 17-19.
Jason and Tamar Oziel founded Noa Fisheries in 2010, after discovering a serious void in the availability of hormone-free and sustainably sourced fish.
Noa Fisheries regularly hosts workshops across Canada with leading experts to help people learn from the best, using tried and true, well researched methods, and to be successful.
Speakers at next month’s workshop include:
• Dr. Nick Savidov – Alberta Agriculture Food and Rural Development.
• Dr. Kevin Fitzsimmons – University of Arizona.
• Charlie Shultz – Lethbridge College (formerly of University of the Virgin Islands).
• Fred Rutman – Professor of marketing and finance (formerly of Sheridan Business College).
• Steve Naylor – OMAFRA.
Featured topics include:
• Commercial aquaponics system design.
• Biochar applications in aquaponics.
• Water quality.
• Food safety.
• Plant production.
• Tilapia breeding to harvest.
• Fresh water prawn breeding to harvest.
• Greenhouse heating and lighting.
• Nutrition and alternative feed.
• Marketing and business plan.
• Social media marketing.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Friendly but deadly: Getting to know your mycoinsecticidesInsect pests don’t always die by flipping over with six…
Understanding Ervi: Tips for successful foxglove aphid controlWhen we started our project to develop a more effective…
Organic week shows big sector growthRunning from September 8 to 16, Organic Week is well…
Seeing disease in a new lightIn a controlled environment, supplemental lights are often used to…
CIB 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
CanWest 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18Wed Oct 03, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Society for Horticultural Science ConferenceThu Oct 04, 2018
Advancing Women in Agriculture (East)Mon Oct 15, 2018
Northeast Greenhouse Conference and ExpoWed Nov 07, 2018 @ 8:00am -