Aquaponics workshop includes top speakers
June 8, 2015, Whitby, Ont. — Noa Fisheries is hosting a three-day aquaponics workshop at its Whitby Farm from Aug. 17-19.
Jason and Tamar Oziel founded Noa Fisheries in 2010, after discovering a serious void in the availability of hormone-free and sustainably sourced fish.
Noa Fisheries regularly hosts workshops across Canada with leading experts to help people learn from the best, using tried and true, well researched methods, and to be successful.
Speakers at next month’s workshop include:
• Dr. Nick Savidov – Alberta Agriculture Food and Rural Development.
• Dr. Kevin Fitzsimmons – University of Arizona.
• Charlie Shultz – Lethbridge College (formerly of University of the Virgin Islands).
• Fred Rutman – Professor of marketing and finance (formerly of Sheridan Business College).
• Steve Naylor – OMAFRA.
Featured topics include:
• Commercial aquaponics system design.
• Biochar applications in aquaponics.
• Water quality.
• Food safety.
• Plant production.
• Tilapia breeding to harvest.
• Fresh water prawn breeding to harvest.
• Greenhouse heating and lighting.
• Nutrition and alternative feed.
• Marketing and business plan.
• Social media marketing.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Last week, the Government of Canada announced a federal carbon-pricing…
When the legal industry began to emerge, indoor cannabis grow…
A search for natural alternatives to pesticides is one of…
Public health officials in five provinces are investigating a salmonella…
Expo FIHOQ 2018Wed Nov 14, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Green Industry Show 2018Thu Nov 15, 2018
Poinsettia Open HouseTue Nov 20, 2018 @10:00am - 02:30pm
Farm Energy WorkshopSat Nov 24, 2018
HortEastTue Nov 27, 2018
Great Lakes Expo 2018Tue Dec 04, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm