Need help keeping pests at bay? We can help
May 31, 2016 – If you’ve been losing sleep worrying about whitefly or other pest infestations, rest easy. This year’s Greenhouse Canada Grower Day (June 15) will have some leading edge answers.
Whitefly control will be the main focus of the educational program that will touch on all bases, with an emphasis on chemical-free control measures.
What is this pest and what can it do? What’s the latest research? What are the commercial products that can help keep problems in check? What can growers do to optimize their control efforts? And much, much more!
But the general theme is pest management research and control strategies. If you’ve got pest control challenges, the Grower Day program can help.
Other speaker sessions will discuss biostimulants in general, induced plant resistance strategies, and successful pest management dipping trials for cuttings.
And for other greenhouse issues, the experts at the trade show booths will be glad to help with any question.
Speakers this year include:
• Drs. Michael Brownbridge and Rose Buitenhuis from Vineland Research and Innovation Centre.
• Dr. Sarah Jandricic, greenhouse floriculture IPM specialist with OMAFRA.
• Prof. Bill MacDonald from Niagara College.
• Dennis Hitzigrath, general manager of Vivero Internacional, a leading stock producer.
• And technical specialists Dominique Demers (Biobest), Ronald Valentin (Bioline), Dr. Daniel Peck (BioWorks) and Brian Spencer (Applied Bionomics).
Grower Day will also feature a mini trade show with solutions to this and other crop challenges, a superb luncheon, and extensive time for networking.
Click here for more information or to register.