By Dave Harrison
May 29, 2009, Ithaca, NY — Christopher G. McCann, president of
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, is the latest addition to the Seeley Conference
program. McCann will be addressing the subject of “Delivering our
Message to Multiple Audiences.”
|Christopher G. McCann|
May 29, 2009, Ithaca, NY — Christopher G. McCann, president of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, is the latest addition to the Seeley Conference program. McCann will be addressing the subject of “Delivering our Message to Multiple Audiences.”
Under his guidance, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM has earned a reputation as one of the leading multi-channel retailers in the country. Additionally, McCann’s role in building 1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s e-commerce channel has helped accelerate the company’s growth and earned him speaking engagements at numerous interactive conferences and universities around the country.
Stan Pohmer, CEO of Pohmer Consulting Group, is coordinating the conference, whose topic is “Chaos! Are YOU realizing the opportunity?” It has been an especially challenging year for businesses dealing with the global economic pressures and the resultant impact on consumer spending and changed mindsets. Merriam-Webster defines Chaos as “the confused, unorganized state existing before the creation of distinct forms.”
If this is the state of the economy and industry early in 2009, we ask the following questions:
• Chaos, or market disruption, creates new opportunities to reposition and differentiate. Are YOU ready?
• Consumer mindsets and purchase behaviors have changed dramatically. Are they permanent?
• Business Darwinism … survival goes not to the strongest, but to those who are the quickest to adapt to change. Where do you stand?
• We’ve become comfortable with evolutionary change. Chaos calls for revolutionary change! Can you cope?
• What’s your value message? Is it relevant to today’s customers and how do you communicate it?
• Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Blogs, Podcasts … new tools to reach tomorrow’s consumers. Are you ready for 21st century marketing?
For 2009, the schedule has been altered slightly from past years, with Sunday June 28 as the arrival date, and the conference ending at noon on Wednesday, July 1.
Full program details and online registration are available at: http://www.hort.cornell.edu/seeleyconference.