These three Winners are the first for the 2016 garden season. Additional winners will be announced this fall and winter as the 2015 trials conclude and the breeders meet specified criteria.
- Bunching Onion Warrior Bunching Onion Warrior
- Mizuna Red Kingdom F1 Mizuna Red Kingdom F1
- Radish Sweet Baby F1 Radish Sweet Baby F1
• Bunching Onion Warrior (Regional Winner).
• Mizuna Red Kingdom F1 (National Winner).
• Radish Sweet Baby F1 (Regional Winner).
Details on each variety has been posted at http://all-americaselections.org/winners/index.cfm.
All-America Selections has had bulb onions as award winners in the past, but Warrior is the first bunching (or green) onion. Similarly, there have been green mustard AAS Winners, but never a red Mizuna (or Japanese Mustard). Sweet Baby radish joins nine other radishes that are previous AAS Winners adding a violet colored beauty to an assortment of radishes that range from white to red.
With this announcement, these varieties become available for immediate sale to the commercial market. Brokers and growers can purchase these varieties immediately. Retailers and consumers will find these winners for sale for the 2016 gardening season as supply gradually becomes available throughout the chain of distribution.