July 10, 2012 By Marc Gordon
July 10, 2012 — While Twitter has become a great tool for social
interaction and networking, many companies are still unsure how, or why,
to use it.
But in fact, Twitter can be a great sales tool for almost any retail
business. Here are five tips for using Twitter to increase your retail
- Place a Twitter link on your website and in all your promotional
material with an incentive to follow you (i.e. daily specials, exclusive
offers, coupons, etc.).
- Be picky as to who you follow back. Following back some customers
but not others can lead to resentment, so stick to manufacturers,
associations and industry insiders.
- Schedule tweets throughout the day. Use a free Twitter tool like HootSuite or TweetDeck to manage your account activity.
- Keep it strictly business. Don't tweet about your personal stuff
or anything that could dilute your message or negatively influence your
- Keep the conversation going. Thank people for following, ask
opinions, respond to comments, answer questions and use your Twitter
account as a customer service tool.
Print this page