January 10, 2013 By Marc Gordon
Jan. 10, 2013 — How was 2012 for you? If you're like most business
owners, regardless of the fiscal performance of your company, you'll
likely say you worked too hard and were too stressed.
In large part, this is due to taking on too many responsibilities and
setting unrealistic goals. So what better time than now to discover five
tips that will make you more productive and less stressed in 2013.
- Focus on what's working and don't be afraid to abandon what isn't.
Define how success should be measured in each area, then examine your
administrative, operating and marketing processes to find those areas
that are working and those that need improvement.
- Create lots of small goals instead of a few big ones. They
will be easier to reach, thus keeping you motivated. Big goals take too
much time to accomplish, making it easy to get distracted and lose
- Clean up your image. Make sure your web site and marketing
materials are current and up to date. Check out your competitors’ sites
to see how you measure up.
- Create new relationships. Whether in person or through social media, make an effort to reach out to others. It's not who you know, but who knows you.
- Give yourself a life. Sure it's your livelihood, but it’s
still just a job. Know when to leave the laptop at home, turn off the
phone, and create an auto respond vacation email. Your sanity (and
family) will thank you for it. And I guarantee no legitimate client will
Print this page