May 16, 2012 By Marc Gordon
May 16, 2012 — With all the email promotions and newsletters people get, getting them to open yours can be a challenge, even if they're expecting it.
Here are five tips to creating an email that’s more likely to get opened and read:
- Have your name or company in the “from” field. Even if the recipient doesn’t know you, an email from a real person is more likely to get opened.
- Make your subject line clear and to the point.
- Avoid sending attachments or large images. It takes longer to download and may not display well on mobile devices. Instead, insert a link so the reader can download material if they choose.
- Keep it short. A few short paragraphs is often all it takes. Insert links to larger articles and more information.
- Use a third party email service. Sending large numbers of emails from your own computer could get you flagged as a spammer.
Print this page