Greenhouse Canada

News
Lab report in wrong feature paragraph


July 18, 2012
By Dave Harrison

Editor’s note: We made an editing error with two paragraphs in Dr.
Mirza’s feature in July 2012 (“What’s in your water?,” page 20).

Editor’s note: We made an editing error with two paragraphs in Dr. Mirza’s feature in July 2012 (“What’s in your water?,” page 20).

The following are the corrected paragraphs, located towards the end of the article. (In the July issue, we had incorrectly placed the two sentences beginning… "The lab results…" into the paragraph beginning, "Consider the third case…" during the copy editing process.)

Advertisment

The tough questions always are what can be done at this stage. In this case, I advised the grower to bring in water from a known source, install charcoal filters, cut this growth off, apply activated charcoal, and hope that plants recover and are saleable. The lab results came back with 10 ppb of 2,4-D and 1.1 ppb of Picloram. The grower switched to a different source of water and charcoal filters were installed.

Consider the third case where a researcher bought a commercially available soil blend to conduct an experiment. A few days later he called me to look at his plants because something was “weird.”

Click here for the corrected online version of the article.

Our sincere apologies to Dr. Mirza for the error.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*