The person will be our technical support leader for professional horticulture products and services in BC, AB, SK, MB and NT. Our extensive HGC product line includes lights, fertilizers and growing media under strong brands such as Gavita, Sun Systems, General Hydroponics, Botanicare and Fafard. Ideally, this person would work out of the Vancouver, BC area with the option to work from home and willing to travel up to 50% in their region.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical support to HGC sales managers, distributors and growers to ensure grower success.
- Develop technical literature tailored to the end-user, delivered using the most effective methods.
- Explore new ways to communicate with growers and sales to provide amazing, timely technical support. Help design and implement grower-based trials of products.
- Liaise with R&D to identify new products, improve current products and continually refine recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in a biological science discipline such as horticulture, agronomy, soil science, biology or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in controlled environment agriculture (greenhouse, indoor), container ornamental nursery production or related areas.
- Strong knowledge of grower practices in controlled environments with excellent knowledge of plant nutrition, growing media and pest control.
- Appreciation for the responsibilities of sales associates/distributors to help ensure success.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Ability to describe complex technical information in a manner that is easy to understand.