Technical Sales RepresentativeDate Posted: September 10, 2018 - Date Ends: October 12, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: SW Ontario - Kingsville, Leamington
- Company: Kam's Growers Supply Inc.
Grow with US!!
Operating for over 12 years, Kam’s Growers Supply continues to grow!! Kam’s has evolved into a team of friendly, focused technical sales and customer service professionals. We dig deep to find the right people for our team and consider them an invaluable asset to our business. Kam’s will provide the necessary training and mentoring to ensure new hires are set up to succeed.
Duties of successful candidate include:
• Develop and execute regional sales plan (end-users & distributors) in the horticulture and greenhouse vegetable market sector primarily in SW Ontario (Kingsville/Leamington area).
• Strong understanding of products (fertility and crop protection) including features and benefits as well as proper use and application timing.
• Set up regionalized grower trials and follow the trials through from planting to harvest.
• Understanding of modern agronomic practices and the scientific method.
• Maintain call records and customer database.
• Assist growers with solving production issues.
• Manage current customers and develop new customer relationships.
Qualifications and experience:
• University or College education majoring in agriculture, horticulture or science.
• Greenhouse or on farm experience.
• Complete proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems.
• Demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and good work ethic.
• Candidate needs to be courteous, patient and an enthusiastic team player; self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
• A Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) designation or the ability to obtain it would be an asset.
Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. References required.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
NatureFresh Farms reduces food wasteNatureFresh Farms’ continued partnership with Forgotten Harvest, a perishable food…
Understanding Ervi: Tips for successful foxglove aphid controlWhen we started our project to develop a more effective…
Class starts for cannabis in NiagaraNiagara College welcomed its first class of future cannabis industry…
Finding balance: lighting, energy and microclimateWith dark, short days in winter months, growing in Canada…
George Sant Open HouseWed Sep 19, 2018 @ 8:00am - 04:00pm
CIB 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
CanWest 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18Wed Oct 03, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Society for Horticultural Science ConferenceThu Oct 04, 2018
Advancing Women in Agriculture (East)Mon Oct 15, 2018