Packhouse Operations ManagerDate Posted: July 02, 2019 - Date Ends: July 31, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Delta, BC
- Company: Westcoast Vegetables Ltd.
- Contact: Ron Van Marrewyk
We’re looking for an outstanding and committed Packhouse Operations Manager to lead the process of receiving raw product through to the shipping of finished product from 53 acres of locally grown greenhouse sweet bell peppers. You demonstrate and exude confidence in all your work through competency and personal integrity to produce excellence in everything you touch. This will be evident in your independent and collaborative leadership. You display professionalism, are safety conscious, accountable, motivated, goal-oriented and results driven. In this position, you’ll maintain a “safety-first” mentality and have a great appreciation that “your employees are your biggest asset.” Through your hands-on approach, you work to lead, delegate, communicate, and complete each area of packaging operations which includes developing and training maintenance programs to forecasting, order discussions, and communications between multiple parties while ensuring that Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. best interests are at the forefront.
- Deliver top quality finished product to each customer, on time and with confidence.
- Develop, train and maintain a teamwork culture where efficiency and quality are the top two priorities.
- Maximize the output of each operational piece of equipment through preventative maintenance programs and timely operational checks.
- Creatively identify, research and eventually integrate operational opportunities through the use of new tools, equipment, or layout improvements knowing that the goal is to always focus on efficiencies and end product quality.
- Contribute to Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. overall goal of being an "employer of choice" through your contributions in company meetings and committees.
- Collaborate with ownership for the betterment of the company.
- A background in successful operational leadership through schooling and work experience.
- Experience in a high-paced production style operation and warehousing experience is an asset.
- Accountable to developed department and company expectations.
- Exceptional people skills. A true motivator with a passion to help staff feel appreciated and valuable.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all types of personalities (Spanish or Punjabi is an asset).
- Quick learner and hands-on with equipment, computers (numbers and software) as well as the ability to do mental math.
- A relentless passion to solve both human and operational issues.
- Highly organized and self-motivated in efficiently prioritizing the workload of others and oneself.
We offer the ability to work with a great team, freedom to succeed and grow, a competitive salary, bonus and benefits and located in the scenic landscapes and welcoming community of Delta, B.C. We are fourth generation greenhouse growers. Founded in 1999, Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. grows and packages 53 acres of greenhouse sweet bell peppers in Delta, B.C. We use the latest growing and packaging technology. If this sounds like a fit, we’d like to hear from you.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Growing lettuce in the deepAlready established in her retail and wholesale ornamental business, Nadine…
Canadian IGC event launches this weekIndependent garden centres looking to stay current and on top…
Ensuring nutrition for biocontrol agentsResearch scientist, Dr. Roselyne Labbé and her team at the…
GreenTech announces winners and expands overseasWinners of the coveted GreenTech Innovation awards were announced last…
ASHS ConferenceMon Jul 22, 2019
Sawaya Garden TrialsWed Jul 24, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Nursery/Landscape ExpoThu Aug 08, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Independent Garden Center ShowTue Aug 13, 2019
Farwest ShowWed Aug 21, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Plug and Cutting ConferenceWed Sep 04, 2019