Large Account Lighting Business Development ManagerDate Posted: September 11, 2018 - Date Ends: October 21, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Canada
- Company: Illumitex, Inc.
- Contact: Yvonne Reinke
- Phone: 5122795020
- Fax: 5122795030
- Website: http://illumitex.ca
Illumitex a world-wide leader in the horticulture LED lighting market specializing in lighting for cannabis, vertical farms, greenhouses and contained environoment agriculture. Our patented horticulture LED lights are tuned to plants' photosynthetic needs and will help our customers save energy and increase yields. The Large Account Lighting Business Development Manager will be an important member of our high-performing sales team. The focus of this position is to develop and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing clients. They will work to develop a deep understanding of customer requirements and create winning selas propositions around these requirements.
• Responsible for growing new business by demonstrating and selling our lighting solutions to large market commercial accounts while continuing to drive revenue in our existing customer base
• Coordinate full sales cycle from initial prospecting to signed contracts through to ongoing account management
• Conduct extensive research to understand potential clients' goals, objectives and challenges - fully understanding our distinctive difference in the marketplace
• Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts through proper reporting in the Company’s CRM system
• Specify hardware, software and technical services based on our customers specialized application requirement
• Provide input to continually improve the overall sales process and tools.
• Develops and nurtures strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with channel partners and dealers/contractors ensuring open streams of communication.
• Investigates competitor products, promotions and sales strategies.
• Maintains competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
• Participate regularly in marketing activities (e.g., industry trade shows)
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade journals, maintaining personal networks and participating in industry organizations
• Minimum five years of directly handling complex sales cycles with large account customers. Ideal and preferred candidate will have experience in a cannabis, greenhouse or horticulture environment. LED lighting and or lighting sales experience preferred.
• Proven and verifiable successful track record in sales in a fast paced, results oriented culture.
• Comfortable calling on executives, owners and line employees for both business and technical functions (e.g., CEOs/presidents/CFOs, growers, financial managers and energy/facilities managers)
•Experience with and understanding of CRM systems, Salesforce a plus
• Outstanding interpersonal skills in working with customers, partners and teammates across all functions
• This position requires up to 80% travel. This position requires travel throughout the US and Canada.
• Demonstrated ability to be effective while working remotely, e.g., from a home office, and while traveling
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred, and work experience in sales/account management, minimum 4 years
Compensation and Added Value - In exchange for your background and willingness to give your best at this position, Illumitex offers the following perks:
• Competitive base salary with commission and potential bonus opportunity
• Incredible PTO programs, we take care of our team
• A culture of appreciation and recognition for good ideas and a job well done.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Understanding Ervi: Tips for successful foxglove aphid controlWhen we started our project to develop a more effective…
Class starts for cannabis in NiagaraNiagara College welcomed its first class of future cannabis industry…
Organic week shows big sector growthRunning from September 8 to 16, Organic Week is well…
AGGA tour to visit Edmonton areaThe Alberta Greenhouse Growers Association (AGGA) will be hosting their…
CIB 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
CanWest 2018Wed Sep 26, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18Wed Oct 03, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Society for Horticultural Science ConferenceThu Oct 04, 2018
Advancing Women in Agriculture (East)Mon Oct 15, 2018
Northeast Greenhouse Conference and ExpoWed Nov 07, 2018 @ 8:00am -