The Landscape Team Leader will assist the Landscape Designer with project management, delegation and landscaping installations. The successful candidate must have landscape crew leadership experience as well as plant care knowledge, customer service skills and impeccable time management abilities.
With an anticipated April start date, we are looking for a team member who: is experienced leading a landscaping crew of 2+ team members has landscaping, planting and installation experience is eager and willing to learn is able to install rock gardens, ponds, patios, drainage systems, irrigation systems, retaining walls, fences, water features, lighting and planters will work alongside the Landscape Designer with scheduling, daily tasks and future jobs will ensure proper work procedures are followed and scheduled deadlines are met has experience delegating tasks maintains a safe and clean work environment has exceptional customer service skills and a positive, polite disposition is able to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Post-Secondary school education in landscape design/technician, horticultural technician OR related training/experience preferred
- Landscaping crew leadership or relevant experience required
- Valid driver's licence and clean abstract required
- Trade calculations and numeracy skills required
- paid training on customer service, workplace safety, security, our culture and expectations
- job-specific training by experienced team members focused on your success
- competitive wages
- career development and benefit opportunities
Job Type: Full-time seasonal (8 months)
Wage: $19/hr; negotiable depending on experience
The majority of work will be outdoors and candidates must be able to lift/carry at least 50 lbs. and be capable of bending/kneeling for extended periods of time as well as working in varied weather conditions.