Lead Grower Coldstream, BC Position Summary The Lead Grower will be responsible to ensure nursery cultural practices are planned and implemented to achieve target standards for all products while assisting in risk management activities ensuring stock is properly protected to avoid losses. The Grower will assist in supervising and training forest nursery workers, keeping neat and accurate records, including computerized record systems. Some weekend and shift work will be required, position commences in approximately March 2018.
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
* Competitive annual salary
* Bonus incentive program
* Matching RRSP program
* Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health, dental, provincial medical with all premiums paid by the employer
* Relocation allowance (if applicable)
* Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the "green" nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
* We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
Located at the Northern end of Kalamalka Lake, in the Okanagan Valley, Coldstream is located directly southeast of Vernon and is considered part of the Greater Vernon. Home to flourishing wilderness, wildlife and surrounding hills where you can hike, rock climb and mountain bike. With Okanagan Lake, Silver Star Ski Resort, Golf courses, and wineries throughout, the area promise something for everyone.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
* The successful individual should have at a minimum, a two-year diploma in horticulture or agriculture, or an acceptable combination of formal training and relevant experience
* Experience working in greenhouse/farming operations including the ability to coordinate and supervise operational tasks, planning, and crew supervision
* Proven experience collecting data, defining problems, establishing facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects
* The ability to work with minimal direct supervision
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
* Applicants must hold, or be capable of obtaining, a Pesticide Applicator Certificate License
PRT operates a diverse network of nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of over 200 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Wisconsin to California.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until January 30, 2018 .
To learn more about this great opportunity please contact us and/or submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to
or apply online at https://www.prt.com/careers/ current-job-postings
Grower * Coldstream*Date Posted: January 09, 2018 - Date Ends: January 30, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
- Company: PRT Growing Services
- Contact: PRT Coldstream
- Website: https://www.prt.com/careers/
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
GrowCo Expects 220,000 kg of Cannabis Ready by Next YearAphria announced a new effort called GrowCo, a joint effort…
Consumers Loving Garden PerennialsPerennials are a modern gardener’s dream – that’s what more…
Propagation System Prevents Root GirdlingA proven and innovative tree propagation system is helping growers…
Ball and KeyGene Announce the Complete Genome Sequence of ImpatiensBall Horticultural Company is thrilled to announce a breakthrough years…
Bedding plants workshopWed Feb 07, 2018 @10:00AM - 05:00PM
Alberta Grower's Day 2018Fri Feb 23, 2018 @ 9:00AM - 05:00PM
National Floriculture ForumFri Mar 02, 2018
FARMS AGMFri Mar 02, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM