To achieve this, each step from production to distribution must be regarded as the most important.
Harvested ripe and immediately distributed to grocery stores, our tomatoes keep the fresh taste and benefits of fruit picked straight from the garden.
We are a growing greenhouse producer specializing in organic and conventional farming. Established since 1995, today our greenhouses produce tomatoes and strawberries at 9 different production sites across Quebec, marketed under three trademarks: Sagami, Savoura, and Savoura Bio. Based on a strong regard of the principles of sustainable development which respond to the expectations of our modern clientele, our organization is looking for candidates who share our passion and respect for these values to join our dynamic and growing team.
Greenhouse tomato grower Main functions:
- Provides effective and ongoing strong leadership to greenhouse supervisors, technicians, and greenhouse work staff, and takes pro-active steps to develop skills in this team
- Establishes and maintains optimum growing conditions for our tomato crop, organizing and directing greenhouse operations, and supervising staff
- Manages IPM program with greenhouse technician; collects information, orders bio controls/pollinators, and ensures they are placed in the greenhouse in a timely manner
- Prepares spray applications, ensuring correct procedures are adhered to;
- Calibrates sprayers and ensure volumes used are in accordance with regulations; verifies effectiveness of treatments
- Ensures all company procedures and standards are adhered to.
- As well, reviews daily and weekly greenhouse production performance and budgets with greenhouse supervisor, technician, and mechanic
- Ensures sound hygiene practices are maintained in the greenhouse and packinghouse.
Excellent time management skills:
- Works independently at a fast pace: planning, scheduling, and completing tasks within a specified timeline and on budget.
- Diploma: in Agriculture
- Leader: positive and mobilizing leader.
- Strong communication skills in English and French
- Team player: respects and works well with others
- Organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Excellent time-management, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of CanadaGap an asset
- Knowledge of Priva an asset
- Greenhouse experience an asset
- Pesticide license
- Spanish is an asset