Greenhouse Plug PropagatorDate Posted: February 26, 2018 - Date Ends: May 31, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Dunnville, Ontario
- Company: Rosa Flora Limited
- Contact: Arielle DeBoer
- Website: http://www.rosaflora.com/
Come join our growing team, where we take Pride in Every Petal! Located in Dunnville, Ontario, Rosa Flora Limited is a large, high tech,year-round greenhouse grower of premium cut flowers including Large and Mini Gerbera, Snapdragons, Lisianthus, and Stock. As part of our management team you will coordinate lisianthus and snapdragon propagation to provide the best possible plugs for greenhouse production, supervising 2-3 people. You are proven to be detail oriented and good at record keeping.
Reporting to the head grower, you will:
• Monitor plugs growth to ensure quality growth & harvesting of cut flowers with high percentage of germination and minimal growth loss
• Coordinate with head grower to establish new trials
• Prepare and submit reports to head grower
• Supervise the plug seeding and maintain inventories and perform these tasks when needed
• Monitor and control pests, using IPM, biologicals, and pesticides
• Manage and monitor water and pH & EC levels
• Operate automated plug sorter and tray washing equipment
• Rotate and sanitize tables, trays, pathways as needed
• Manage and monitor ventilation, CO2, shading, cooling and other environmental inputs
• Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in your area.
• Train workers in job duties and company policies
• Ensure safety rules are followed
• Up to 1 year greenhouse experience, preferably plug propagation
• High school completion.
• Licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
• Experience with Argus/Priva computer systems a plus
Skills / Abilities required:
• Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities- including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and with standing high periods of heat and humidity.
• effective verbal and written communication in English:
• Spanish language skills an asset.
• Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative and attention to detail, as well as high speed.
•Year-round in an indoor greenhouse and/or warehouse environment. Some periods of heat and humidity.
• Use various equipment daily.
• 50 hours average per week, with rotating weekend responsibilities
• Benefits include Life Insurance and RRSP savings.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Medical-grade cannabis for South OkanaganSunniva Inc. announced its proposal to build two greenhouse facilities in…
Mucci strawberries win PC awardKingsville, ON – And the President's Choice Fresh Product of…
New ideas: Perennial marketingCreative growers and retailers are always looking for new and…
$8 M natural gas expansion for Chatham-KentThe provincial government has announced more than $8 million in…
GreenTech 2018Tue Jun 12, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Salon du VégétalTue Jun 19, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
International Floriculture Expo 2018Mon Jun 25, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
International Floriculture ExpoMon Jun 25, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Cultivate'18Sat Jul 14, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM