Greenhouse GrowerDate Posted: May 24, 2019 - Date Ends: December 31, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Company: Meyers Fruit Farms
- Contact: Lisa Purnell
- Website: https://www.meyersfruitfarms.com/
Meyers Farms has a rich history of more than 60 years in the agricultural sector with properties throughout Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Three generations of the Meyers family have been dedicated to growing the business to its current size and scale, over 24 acres of greenhouse space and 500 acres of farmland. We are looking for a full-time experienced Greenhouse Grower
Reporting to a Senior Grower, key duties and responsibilities include:
• A desire to grow plants and work in a greenhouse environment
• Work closely with the spacing, planting and biological teams to ensure effective planning and plant growth.
• Irrigate crops in a greenhouse environment
• Consistent and accurate scouting and pest & disease identification on crops
• watering, scouting and IPM, PGR applications and plant nutrition
• Some supervision of other growing team members.
• maintaining communication with the Senior Grower to ensure continuous improvement in production.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Effective written and verbal communication skills • Must have, or be willing to obtain a grower’s pesticide license
• Computer skills, some experience with greenhouse computer systems an asset
• Some mechanical knowledge would be helpful If you have a passion and desire to grow high quality plants, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive wages, plus benefits and paid overtime.
This is a full time, year-round position located in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Flexibility is required to work any scheduled day and hours may vary depending on the business needs. There is an alternating weekend schedule among the growers.
Physical demands of the job: able to walk / stand for long periods of time, able to bend, kneel and twist, able to lift 50 pounds, work in fluctuating indoor (greenhouse) temperatures & conditions.
We thank all of those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Meyers, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Nominees for cannabis awards announcedGrow Up Conference and Expo has announced nominees for its…
Funding call for local food projectsYesterday, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau, along with…
LP to reduce energy costs with new LEDsCrop LED lighting provider, Fluence Bioengineering (Fluence), has announced its…
Trending in the garden: Multipurpose plants take overWhether it’s fashion, food products, gardening or other aspects of…
Farwest ShowWed Aug 21, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Plug and Cutting ConferenceWed Sep 04, 2019
Salon du VégétaleTue Sep 10, 2019
GleeTue Sep 10, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
SAF ConferenceWed Sep 18, 2019
CIB SymposiumTue Sep 24, 2019