Greenhouse GrowerDate Posted: May 24, 2019 - Date Ends: December 31, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Company: Meyers Fruit Farms
- Contact: Lisa Purnell
- Website: https://www.meyersfruitfarms.com/
Meyers Farms has a rich history of more than 60 years in the agricultural sector with properties throughout Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Three generations of the Meyers family have been dedicated to growing the business to its current size and scale, over 24 acres of greenhouse space and 500 acres of farmland. We are looking for a full-time experienced Greenhouse Grower
Reporting to a Senior Grower, key duties and responsibilities include:
• A desire to grow plants and work in a greenhouse environment
• Work closely with the spacing, planting and biological teams to ensure effective planning and plant growth.
• Irrigate crops in a greenhouse environment
• Consistent and accurate scouting and pest & disease identification on crops
• watering, scouting and IPM, PGR applications and plant nutrition
• Some supervision of other growing team members.
• maintaining communication with the Senior Grower to ensure continuous improvement in production.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Effective written and verbal communication skills • Must have, or be willing to obtain a grower’s pesticide license
• Computer skills, some experience with greenhouse computer systems an asset
• Some mechanical knowledge would be helpful If you have a passion and desire to grow high quality plants, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive wages, plus benefits and paid overtime.
This is a full time, year-round position located in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Flexibility is required to work any scheduled day and hours may vary depending on the business needs. There is an alternating weekend schedule among the growers.
Physical demands of the job: able to walk / stand for long periods of time, able to bend, kneel and twist, able to lift 50 pounds, work in fluctuating indoor (greenhouse) temperatures & conditions.
We thank all of those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Meyers, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Greenhouse heats up in Northern CanadaArmed with the latest greenhouse technology, this Yukon grower is…
Feds announce ban on single-use plasticsThe federal government has announced a ban on harmful single-use…
Planned transmission line to LeamingtonHydro One Inc. announced it will continue to support expansion…
Biofungicide approved for use on cannabisBiofungicide Regalia Maxx has received label approval from Canada’s Pest…
Flowers Canada (Ontario) Golf TournamentWed Jun 26, 2019
Cultivate '19Sat Jul 13, 2019
ASHS ConferenceMon Jul 22, 2019
Nursery/Landscape ExpoThu Aug 08, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Independent Garden Center ShowTue Aug 13, 2019
Farwest ShowWed Aug 21, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm