• Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who cultivate and harvest flowers.
• Monitor the crops to ensure quality growth & harvesting of cut flowers
• Plant crops when necessary
• Monitor and control pests, using IPM biologicals, and pesticides
• Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other departments under the guidance of a grower • Resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit reports to grower
• Train workers in job duties and company policies
• Ensure safety rules are followed
• Monitor water and pH & EC levels
• Monitor ventilation, CO2 and other environmental conditions
• Perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Up to 1 year experience, preferably in cut flowers. High school completion. Licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides. Experience with Argus/Priva computer systems a plus Skills / Abilities required: ~Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities- including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and with standing high periods of heat and humidity. ~effective verbal and written communication in English: ~Spanish language skills an asset. ~Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative and attention to detail, as well as high speed.
Year-round in an indoor greenhouse and/or warehouse environment. Some periods of heat and humidity. ~Use various equipment daily. ~50 hours average per week ~Benefits include Life Insurance, RRSP savings and performance incentive plan
Greenhouse GrowerDate Posted: May 15, 2017 - Date Ends: June 30, 2017
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Dunnville, Ontario, Canada
- Company: Rosa Flora Limited
- Website: Rosa Flora Limited
- Phone: 9057748044
- Contact: Arielle DeBoer
Come join our growing team! Located in Dunnville, Ontario, Rosa Flora Limited is a large, cutting edge,year-round greenhouse grower of premium cut flowers including Large and Mini Gerbera, Snapdragons, and Lisianthus. As part of a team reporting to the head grower, you will be responsible for 1.7 ha of cut flowers (lisianthus) and the people who work in that area.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Dümmen Orange establishes Hammer ScholarshipMay 17, 2017, Columbus, OH – Dümmen Orange has established…
Mucci Farms preparing for next phase of growthMay 23, 2017, Kingsville, Ont. – Mucci Farms, one of…
Greenhouse vegetable production in U.S.May 15, 2017 – According to the latest published U.S.…
Real-time end-to-end traceabilityMay 16, 2017, Redmond, WA – Dynamic Systems, Inc., a…
IOBC Canada 2017Sun Jun 04, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Grower Day'17Wed Jun 21, 2017 @ 8:00AM -
Cultivate'17Sat Jul 15, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
PPA SymposiumMon Jul 24, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
iGC'17Tue Aug 15, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
FarWest Show 2017Thu Aug 24, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM